Chapter Eighteen: Big News

When I was a kid, I’ve always love Disney movies and keep on watching Disney Princesses movies. How I dream of being a princess someday, being able to go to a fantastic ball at the castle and meet my prince charming. Where on the next day, he’ll go to my house where my foot perfectly fits on the glass slipper. Oh how I even dream waking up with a spell of a true loves kiss like Princess Aurora. Oh how it was like once upon a dream!

One day I hope someone who is the one will knock on my door and sweep me in a bridal style and we’ll live in our castle and love happily ever after. But mostly, our story isn’t like those Disney movies. In our life, we have those different stories.

Last Friday was a blur. From telling everything to forgiving him then the kiss? OMG! The kiss! I shouldn’t have done that. What if he didn’t like it? God Phoebe! He did kissed back right? So he might like it. But I can’t help but feel excited.

Hold on your horses Phoebe! You don’t know if he feels the same way. Oh that tingle in my lips was still there and I sigh at the thought of being in love. The butterflies on my stomach were flying nonstop just the thought of the kiss we shared.

Then I remembered. It was my first kiss!

My first damn kiss!

I jumped out of my bed, only to cause me from falling and ended with my butt making an ‘oomph’ sound. I groaned at the hard impact and got up slowly. Stupid me! I walked to my study desk, looking for my phone. Once I had my phone, I went to my emergency contact list and dialled the number on top.

After two rings, I was on the call. “We kissed!” I exclaimed for a while then giggled. Oh my god! What is happening with me?

Not before the person on the other end of the call shouted that she’ll come over and call Candice. I hang up and dropped on my bed, sighing. A giggle escaped from my mouth until I couldn’t help it anymore. I got up from my bed and took my hair brush, putting my iPod on the speakers and putting ‘Happy’ by Pharell on and started to dance with the beat.

It might seem crazy

what I’m about to say

Sunshine she’s here,

you can take a break

I’m a hot air balloon that

could go to space

With the air, like I don’t care

baby by the way

Because I’m happy

Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof

Because I’m happy

Clap along if you feel like happiness is the truth

Because I’m happy

Clap along if you know what happiness is to you

Because I’m happy

Clap along if you feel like that’s what you wanna do

Here come bad news talking this and that, yeah,

Well, give me all you got, and don’t hold it back, yeah,

Well, I should probably warn you I’ll be just fine, yeah,

No offense to you, don’t waste your time