Chapter Six: Grandma Josie and the Invitation

*edited

As the best auntie and sister in the world, I always hang out with the most important people in my life. Seeing them all energetic in a Saturday morning, I would've guessed that it was our day to go around the city. 5 hours ago, I was bombarded by the most energetic kids. They jumped around my bed, waking me from my most precious sleep. They were beyond excited to hang out with me or maybe just to get their favorite ice-cream and go to the park and play. I pretend to ignore them and snored so loud. I know, its UN lady like but I don't mind.

"ARE YOU READY TO HAVE FUN KIDS??!" I shouted from the top of my lungs from the stairs and raised my hands in the air. I heard little cute voices downstairs and I giggled to myself. Such cuties.

I went downstairs to the kitchen and was met with cute little arms hugging my legs. I looked down to see wide grins on both of their faces. I roared pretending to be a monster and they shrieked, making them go and hide behind George. I'm glad mom isn't here to witness my crazy self or else she would be on her drama queen self and tell everyone in the neighborhood of how much of a fool I am to the family. Typical mom.

"I AM THE TICKLE MONSTER! I'M GONNA TICKLE YOU UNTIL YOU'RE OUT OF BREATHE!" I yelled in my monster voice and pretend to search for Toby and Steve even though I knew where they were hiding. Of course, kids would be hiding under the table. I heard Toby shrieked and Steve giggling. George was just on the stool rolling her eyes at me. I stuck my tongue out at her in a playful way and continued, well; pretend to look for the boys. I gave up soon enough and got myself a glass of water. I almost choked when I felt little arms punching my legs. I smirked and laughed evilly. The little arms on my legs froze then once I turned to them the shrieked again and run out of the kitchen. I giggled to myself and winked at George. Too bad she can't go with us because she's working.

I went to the living room and plopped myself on the couch waiting for the boys to change and have the fun day with them.

***

"I WANT VANILLA!" Toby said in his little voice and waves his hands in the air. Steve continues to poke my cheek while I try to get money in my purse which is in my hand bag. I tried to put Steve down but he begins to cry and cries like a whale. So I didn't have the choice but to carry him. I pulled out my purse and was about to get 20 dollars just to keep Toby's mouth shut and get his ice cream, a hand stopped me from getting my purse and paid my order, I mean, our order.

I looked up to see Jeric smiling and at the same time frowning.

"I'll take it from here, and oh, add two scoops of Chocó Mint." I turned to him shocked that he knew my favorite, how creepy!

The lady smiled at us and began to murmur some of the lines 'what a cute couple!'. I wanted to puke and tell her wrong but I didn't waste any time to see Toby looking scared and staring at Jeric, ohhh the boogie man.

I can hear Steve eating his ice cream like a dog, so I took his napkin and cleaned his mouth off. Jeric continued to smile at me and almost dropped Steve to the words he said next.

"You'll be a great mother one day." So he knew they weren't my kids. So clever! Because in some sappy romantic movies, the guys would look shocked that their friends or girlfriends are bringing kids with them and the guy starts to judge the girl by being a whore and 'I never knew you had kids' saying and dumps her in the middle of the road, leaving the girl with a crying kid.

"uh, thanks!" I whispered and looked down to see Toby eating his ice-cream; thank god he didn't panic on seeing Jeric beside me. "C'mon buddy! Let's go." I took his little hands and dragged him, walking out of the ice-cream parlor and walked to a nearby park. I heard footsteps following us and I felt Toby stopped from walking, bringing me to stop too.