Chapter Eleven: Camping Day 1

Do you know that feeling when someone moves out and transfers on another place where it is new and uncomfortable for the first time and away from your relatives? Yeap. I’m feeling it right now.

Toby, Steve and I sat on the bench outside our lawn while Mom and George loaded the things in George’s car. Toby and I played with Steve for a while. We played ‘pass the ball’ and Toby suggested that we do a triangle position. I’m going to miss this bond with Steve. And I know Toby is going to miss him too. Too bad he’s stuck with two girls at home. I laughed at the thought. How I wish everything will be normal. And I’m happy for George; she’s now going to her next goal.

Another thing, Jeric still ignores me. Is he that disappointed with the prank we did to him? My god! He’s on his period.

One more thing guys, tomorrow’s the start of Semestrial break. Yayy!

“Steve, we’re going!” I snapped out of my trance and frowned. They’re now leaving. It’s time to say our goodbyes.

“But I don’ wanna weave!” Steve whined then tears began to slip from his eyes. Mom pats a hand on George’s shoulder and George sighed.

George kneeled in level with Steve and caresses his cheeks. “Honey, you get to see them every weekend. Don’t cry now baby.” Steve quite understands and nods before giving Toby a brotherly hug.

He walks to me then I wiped the tears from under his eyes.

“Hey buddy. We’ll see you soon, now be the strong man that we all know.” I happily said and ruffled his hair. He did the ‘muscle’ pose, it made us laugh. “Now, give auntie a kiss!” I crouched so that we were on the same level. His smile widens and kissed me on the cheek.

I stood up and went to George. A tear escaped from her ocean blue eyes and open her arms, calling out for a bear hug. I didn’t hesitate to run and hugged her so tight. I began to cry and cry. I’m going to miss the sister I’ve been longing for.

“Hey, you know where I’ll be. Just call or approach when something happens; you know I’ll always be here waiting.” I just nodded, a word not coming out from my mouth. I wanted to say something but I couldn’t.

We pulled apart and smiled at each other. We waved at them as soon as they leave our driveway. Mom cried and I know that she thinks that she’s losing another family member when we all know that they’re just on the other side of town.

The three of us went inside our house and Mom went to the kitchen to prepare lunch for us. Toby runs to his room to play with his game boy. That boy and his games. I followed Mom to the kitchen but when I was halfway to the entrance, my phone beeped.

I took out my phone from my butt pocket and there was a new message.

We’re out to the woods for Semestrial break! John, Candice and some guy are coming with me. Wanna join us? ~Stacy

“Mom!” I called out and saw her taking out the noodles from the fridge. Is she going to cook one of her famous Chinese recipe?

Yum.

“Yes?” she replied. I showed her Stacy’s message. That’s my way on asking her permission and I tell you, she’s going to call her.

She glanced at me before calling Stacy. See? She doesn’t trust me. Well she does but not with the crazy things that Stacy handles. Mom is use to Stacy’s crazy behavior but when it comes to the beach, oh god, she embarrasses herself and she freaking doesn’t care.