Chapter Ten: Just another day

*edited

What would you expect with a person who had just been prank? Well, one, that person will get revenge. Two, that person would think that it's just nothing with him or her. And three, that person will ignore you. Well, I expected the person I just prank to be number three.

Ever since last night, I couldn't help but feel happy but at the same time guilty. Once me and my girls stepped foot on the school grounds, all we received was a glare from Jeric himself. People started to ask to why he was glaring at us. We just told them that we were just too sunny in the morning.

I tried to talk to him during our math class but he just totally ignored me. Well, it's kind of my fault 'cause I kind of led him but I remembered when I had to be his personal assistant and I remembered my revenge for him.

I shook the thoughts away and got mad at myself. I don't want revenge. I don't want to be like him.

Throughout the day, he ignored me. And I don't have any plans to change it.

"I'm home!" I shouted from our door and I was met with nothing.

Silence.

"Hello?" I asked, confused to why the house is quiet. What the hell is going on?

I heard a female giggle from the kitchen and of course, I wanted to find out what is going on.

I found my mom cutting vegetables, humming some song I don't know of. I raised an eyebrow and walked slowly towards her. She kind of heard my steps cause she turned around and smiled at me. Weird. Mom has that smile on her face. That smile that happens to be years ago.

"Mom, are you okay?" I ask, wanted to be sure that she's okay. All I got was a giggle of an exciting girl.

Who is this woman and what has she done to my mother?

"Mom, you're scaring me." I said. Her eyes softened then surprised me by pulling me in a hug. She hugged me and the next words she said confused me the most.

"Everything's going to be fine honey." And then she was off to making her Caesar Salad.

Guys! My mom is acting weird. Can somebody tell me why?

***

"Guys! I have some good but bad news." George blurted out during dinner. We all turned to her.

 What was this 'good-but-bad-news'?

"What is it darling, is it something about your promotion somewhere?" Mom guesses but failed when George shook her head no.

"I found an apartment near the company!" George cheered and everyone was cheering too but then she added, "But we're moving this Thursday." Her voice saddened.

Nooo.

I dramatically thought. But wait. That's too soon.

"But George, is it too soon?" I asked my voice cracking. I don't want them to leave, especially now. After all those years with George, she was the sister that I never had. She is the sister when I needed comfort. She helped me with things like going back to charity. She helped me with boy problems when I had my first crush.

"I'm sorry Phoebe, but the contract Thursday is the start." George sends me an apologetic smile. I frowned and picked on my salad.

I heard a chair being pushed. I felt a presence beside me and saw it was Steve. I gave him a small smile.

"Aunie Phofie! Pwease don' cwy!" he said in his small voice. I felt a tear land on my cheek and didn't hesitate to pull him in a hug.

I sigh and pulled him tighter. I'm going to miss this little buddy here. Why can't they just stay here? I really don't want them to go.