Chapter Nine: Shopping and Sleepover

*edited

When you feel that heavy weight in your head, don't you think, there's something hard inside of it? What if it's a rock? When you open your eyes, you're shock to see bright light on the middle of the ceiling and realize that it was the light bulb you were staring at. I scrunched my eyes shut, just to ignore the light. Once I opened my eyes again, I looked from left to see little cabinets hang up on the corner of the wall. I slowly turned to my right to see a person with his head on his arms, perhaps sleeping.

I moved my hand to my head and felt a bandage around it. I touched it, only to be crying out in pain. The person beside me stood out of his seat, looking at me with wide eyes. I groaned in pain, not seeing the person yet.

"Are you okay?"

I opened my eyes and was eye-to-eye contact with Kyle. I sighed in relief that it wasn't some creep.

"What happened?" I asked, feeling alright. I began to sat up, wanting to get the hell out of the room but a hand stopped me.

"Woah! Are you sure you're alright?" asked Kyle with concern in his eyes. I just nod my head and ask for a help. He helped without complaining when we heard the front door open, came in the nurse.

"Oh dear! Please sit down!" she shrieked, grabbing my arm. I hissed and took my arm away from her cold hands.

"I said I'm fine, don't you get it!" I snapped and went out of the room, grabbing Kyle with me.

Minutes of walking, I released my hold from grabbing Kyle and turned to him. His eyes contains amused but at the same time worry. I almost 'awe' at him but then got a grip from my inner voice.

Remember! He's GAY!

Right.

"So... What happened?" I wanted to know what happened. I can't seem to remember.

"You don't remember?" he looked at, confused.

I pointed at my forehead.

"Oh." He mumbled, scratching the back of his neck, feeling stupid.

I rolled my eyes and stared at him, waiting for him to say something. He composed himself and sighed before explaining the past events.

He said we were having Gym and the only ones left on our team was me and Kyle while Jeric was on the other team, left alone. It seemed to click when Kyle was saying it and I soon remembered everything. I cursed under my breath and wanted to kill Jeric right this instant. How dare he hit me in the head? Is he insane?!

"Thanks Kyle, for sh..." I was cut off by shrieking behind me. Kyle winced at the sound, even me.

I turned around to see an exciting Candice, behind her was Stacy, catching up with Candice who were mostly like holding her things even Candice things in her arms. Poor Stacy.

"Candice?" I raise an eyebrow. What was she doing here?

"Oh my god Phoebe! Where have you been? We were looking for you for the past two hours and..." she rambled but Kyle cut her off.

"Actually..." but he was cut off too, since Candice was ignoring him.

"... we can't seem to locate you, and students began to talk about you being hit on the forehead..." she rambled again and Kyle stepped out.

"Yeah, about that..." he started. Candice looked at him, disgusted.

"SHUT UP GAY! GET THE HELL OUTTA HERE!" She spat, annoyed at Kyle.