Chapter Seventeen: Is it Confession day?

Months passed by and everything was still the same.

 Alarms.

Gets up from bed.

Bath.

Eat.

School.

Go home.

Eat.

Sleep.

For the past four months, the cycle is still the same. There were no interesting happenings in the school area. For the past four months, my relationship with Jeric was getting stronger...as friends. He would still show p at the middle of the night. He would go with us girls and go shopping and he wouldn’t complain like Luke and John does. The other girls even noticed that he was changing. And what was even more surprising was he carries the multiple shopping bags Candice kept throwing at him and rudely tells him to hold them all and he doesn’t care. He didn’t show any sign of annoyance nor irritation.

Last week, it was Steve’s 4th birthday. I was occasionally late and had a hard time looking for a present and I wanted to give something good and worth it to keep for forever. But all I bought was a remote control sports toy car. I knew he would understand me. He always does.

When I came to his party which is in a rented private park, I knew George would do anything for her little boy since he’s growing so fast. I saw a figure talking to Steve and giving him a big, big present. The figure was familiar with its broad shoulder and brown hair similar to the person I am attracted to.

Flashback

“Jeric?”

I was shocked to see him here in Steve’s party since George haven’t told me of anything or even warned me of him being here. After a month when I told Jeric everything about my life, I didn’t dare have second thoughts to blurt it all out and express everything to what I was feeling and since she was an older sister to me, she knew everything because she had experience. We had a girl’s night including Candice and Stacy since they missed George around. And I know the girls were teasing me about it and I blurted it everything from our past until present, even the feelings that is so obvious to everyone now except for him.

The figure turned around, the ocean blue eyes staring at my emerald ones. That week was one of the awkward moments I had. I didn’t know what to say, or I don’t even know why I called his name for no reason. I was playing with my fingers at my lower back when I’m nervous. He left Steve aside, telling him to open his present, the little boy was happy to open it in seconds. At the sight of the gift, jealousy and sadness took over me. Steve just received a PS3 Complete set and it was more expensive than the toy car I bought.

All the kids run to Steve and awed with jealousy. I frowned, not wanting to give my present.

“Thank you Jeric!” He put his set down and engulfed Jeric with a hug. Jeric ruffled his hair then the little boy noticed me. His eyes twinkled in excitement and rushed over to me. He jumped into my arms which I always expected since he is much of jumpy kid.

“Phoebe!” he squealed and wrapped his little arms around my neck. I squeezed him in a tight hug before putting him down. He noticed the present in my bag and went to grab it. I shook my head no, he frowned.

“Can I open it? I’m excited! You give the best gifts like Santa!” That kid looks up to me as if I’m like Santa, and yes, I give the best presents but this time, I think it wasn’t the best. I was a shame of the present I brought. It wasn’t awesome like Jeric gave.