Chapter Nineteen: Surprise?

Recap

Nearly did I know, this was my Mom’s happy ever after. At the sight of both of them, it was shown that they really love of each other. Some people would say that Mom is too old to have another husband but age doesn’t matter? As long as you have that passion of love, no problem at all. And here I ask myself, when would I have my own happy ever after?

Chapter Nineteen: Surprise?

The next day, well, let me describe how wonderful the morning is. The sun is up, yeah, isn’t it always? Its smile shining outside our window, greeting us with a beautiful light, it’s like a spotlight pointing only at you. The yellow lovely birds chirping sweet melody sounds making you want to sing with them like Snow White. When I opened my window, I couldn’t help but close my eyes and feel the cold breeze hitting my face swiftly.

“La la la la la la! Sing a happy song!” I sang skipping from my room and going to Toby’s, barging in without knocking. “La la la la la la! Smurf the whole day long!” I shouted, jumping on Toby’s bed.

It was to be the other way around right? Well, that is so cliché so how about the older sibling wakes up the younger sibling.

“Wake up! Wake up!” I chanted, shaking Toby awake. I heard him groaned under the covers and I thought of pulling it off him. I smirked and pulled the covers away from him, causing him to scream and cover himself. I laughed at how silly he is before tickling him at his sides. He barfs out a giggle before forming it into laughter’s. 

“Phoebe!” he gasped, trying to get out of my grip. “Stop!” I released him before drawing him into a bear hug. He squealed before hugging me back. I didn’t hesitate to look at Toby’s room. For a kid like him, his toy figures are properly organized on its cabinets. The rag on the floor was blue like the color of the sky with it soft and ticklish little thread.

“Kids! Breakfast!” We heard Mom shouted from downstairs before Toby and I looked at each other, eyes widen. Mom is back to herself. God! How weird she is!

We both said, “Mom is weird.” Then laughed before fixing Toby’s bed then together went downstairs to the kitchen.

The smell of Oreo pancakes lits both of our face, licking our lips, sprinting into the kitchen like a wild lion. We moaned at the smell and washed our hands before took our seat and took two pancakes and ate it in one bite.

I heard mom giggle from somewhere and muttered, “kids”. I don’t care. I’m happy that everything is back to normal. This is what I wanted for a ling time. For mom to be happy again. For a man in her life that would love her and accept her. I have judged Steven at first but now I know that I can trust him with mom. I wish he would be a good father to me and Toby.

Speaking of happiness, it’s been three days since the incident in the park. Jeric hasn’t contacted me and I was worried.

What if all this time it was fake? What if its just a dream?

But it couldn’t be a dream. It happened. From the romantic journey to the kiss. The kiss! I can’t go to school looking like an idiot who has fallen in love with the bad boy. Oh wait! I have already fallen in love. What was that in the park? Were we together? Does it mean that he likes me?

This questions are hurting my head. I don’t want to assume.

When I arrived at school, everyone was congratulating me. I didn’t know how they knew about it but hey, news spread so fast in this small town.

I spotted Stacy and Kyle waiting beside my locker with large grins. I raised an eyebrow at them. They just stifled a laugh then winked at me. I rolled my eyes at them before grabbing my books and going to our first class.

What I haven’t noticed are red balloons in each pole. Yellow petals scattered on the floor, leading me somewhere I don’t know. Suddenly, my two best friends grabbed my hand, making me drop my math book. Everything was in blurry until I snapped that we were at the back of the building.

What I saw shocked me. Tears began to spring my eyes. It hurt but the sight made my heart melt.

Standing in the middle is none other Jeric, holding a bouquet of pink roses. Behind him was a group of boys aligned holding out a big cards of letter.

“WILL YOU BE MY CUPCAKE?”

I couldn’t control it anymore. I cried so loud. Like a frickin’ baby. Jeric dropped the bouquet and run to my side. I cried and shouted. When he approached, I punched him multiple times.

Jeric protected himself, saying “Phoebe! Stop it babe!”

I continue to punch him and shouted at him, “You jerk! I thought you’ll forget about it. You made me worried when you didn’t contact me for three frickin’ days! And you do this suddenly out of nowhere!! I hate you idiot!”

His eyes widened before bursting into laughter’s. I frowned at him before stepping away from him. I turned around but turned back to be met with soft lips pressed against mine. My eyes instantly went closed and grabbed him by the neck.

After I don’t know minutes of sharing a kiss, we both pulled away, catching our breath.

“So, be my cupcake? He smirked, his eyes glinting with happiness.

I patted him as a response.

Never thought in my life would Jeric ask me out. But will it succeed?

I don’t know but I’m hoping for nice future with him. Isn’t it amazing?

***

Copyright (c) 2014 by heyycupcakes

All Rights Reserved.