Chapter Thirteen: Unbelievable Day

“Daddy!”

The little girl sobbed, holding her chest and breathing heavily. She was reaching out to her father who was lying in a white metal bed, looking unconscious. She waited for him to say something, to hold her but she heard nothing.

Nothing.

Then suddenly, the room became dark and the man lying on the metal bed was now gone.

She felt her heart stopped...

She can’t breathe...

She reached out her hand to hold something but nothing,

Until...

I gasped out; my eyes widely open but then closed it back when it hurt. I hate you light. I sat up and squinted my eyes to roam around. The surroundings were a bit unfamiliar to my eye sight but when I looked to my side, I regretted it immediately. I screamed.

I hear running footsteps coming near the tent and got nervous. Maybe it’s some buffalo ready to act the tent where obviously I was in. But sighed in relief when my friends appear to be those buffalos. Their expressions were a mixture of relief, worry and terrified.

“Phoebe!”

“What happened?”

“Are you okay?”

My friends were babbling from here to there. All I did was point to the boxers beside me. They stop bickering and stared at me.

“What? I thought someone raped me!” I whined.

I felt my breathing picked up and I gestured to Stacy to give me water. As soon as she got a glass of water, I drink it with one gulp and sighed. I looked up to my friends and frowned.

“What happened guys?” I asked.

They immediately filled me in with the incident. Jeric was guilty during the talk. After telling me the story, I glared at him, ready to attack him and beat the out of him; I was suddenly pulled back.

“Let me go!” I ordered.

John chuckled and began to massage my shoulders and soon I relaxed. I still glared at him and pout like a child.

“At least let me hit him in the head.” I pouted, crossing my arms over my chest.

“I didn’t mean to do it.” I heard him mumble.

I scoffed. “Yeah Right!”

He looked up guilty but soon it changed. “I was just playing.”

I got up; using all the energy I have left, ignoring John from stopping me. I made my way to Jeric’s tall figure and pushed him outside of the tent. He stumbled but he let me pushed him. The others wanted to split us but Stacy warned them not to.

This was a conversation by me and Jeric only. No interruptions.

“You knew! You knew I have asthma! And now you’re telling me that you were just playing?! How pathetic of you!” I spat, kept on pushing him until we were sight of our friends.

He was quiet. He didn’t say anything. He was just staring at me, inhaling and exhaling. I hold back the tears that were about to spill. I didn’t want to cry. Not again. Not in front of him.