Chapter 4

Ross's pov.

I walk up the stairs to Kaitlin's room and knock on her door. i stand there for a second until i hear her voice coming from the bathroom. it sounded like she was on the phone. i press my ear up against the door and listen to her conversation with the person on the other end. it sounds like shes upset so i knock on the door and everything goes quiet. i say "Kaitlin its me. are you ok?" "Yea" she says opening the door. i can tell she had been crying because her eyes were red. "What happened?" i ask. "my mom called. she said that she made a terrible mistake and that i need to move in with my dad". "Your leaving?" I say feeling myself about to cry. "i don't have a choice." she says crying again. "yes you do. stay with me!" i say. "i just can't." she says "I'm sorry ross." "why can't you?" i say. "because now that my dad has offered to take me i have to go with him because he's family." Kaitlin says. "oh." i say looking at my feet sadly. "ill try my hardest to get out of it though." She says. "ok" i say. "ill even help if you want." "sure! that would be great!" she says more happily while hugging me tightly. i wish i never had to let go of her. her hair always smells like sweet strawberries and i love the way she hugs me. She tries to let go but i pull her back into our hug. that makes her smile. i pull away enough to see her face and kiss her again. "Wow two kisses in one day from ross lynch!" she says afterward. "think of how i feel!" i say smiling and hugging her side. we walk hand in hand back down stairs and sit down. we explain to everyone the situation and they all offer to help too. after that we go to get lunch. We go to this place called Plaza Meriachi (a Mexican restaurant) and we get seated by a really hot waitress.after we sit down the waitress winks at ME and walks away. That makes me smile and apparently Kaitlin saw the whole thing because she punched me in my arm HARD and didn't say a single word to me ALL lunch. I tried talking to her on the car ride home but she ignored me. Once we got home she ran directly upstairs and slammed her bedroom door. Rydel gives me a concerned look and runs up after her. I follow her up there and once I'm at Kaitlin's door Rydel was already in her room so I listened to their conversation from outside of the door.

I hear Rydel ask Kaitlin what happened and she says "ross! at the restaurant the waitress winked at him and he smiled at her!" "honey its ok. he's famous everyone likes him. and even if he likes that girl which he DOESN'T he will always LOVE you more." Rydel says which is true. "Well how do you know he DOESN'T like her?" Kaitlin asks sniffling. "because i know my brother trust me he only likes/loves you. You can tell by the way he acts. he was just trying to be polite to the waitress and not hurt her feelings because he's that kind of person." My sister says. And she's completely right. "Ok I believe you." Kaitlin says. I hear movement around in the room until I hear her say "I'm gonna go talk to ross I'll be right back and let you know how it went." Luckily my room was right across the hall so I run in my room and lay on my bed making a kinda sad face so one Kaitlin doesn't know I overheard her conversation with Rydel and two so it looked like I was sad from what just happened. Which I was so it wasn't that hard to do. A few seconds later i hear a knock on my wall. Apparently i forgot to shut the door so it was Kaitlin improvising. i looked over at her and say "oh hey. come in." "Hey" she says quietly while sitting down on the edge of my bed. "whats up?" i ask. "you know.." she says. i give her one of those "what are you talking about" looks and she says "the thing that happened at the restaurant." "Oh that" i say. "yea well i just wanted to tell you that I'm really sorry about over reacting about the whole situation. i talked to Rydel and she said that she knows when you like someone and that you didn't like her." Kaitlin says. "yea shes right." I say. i would never do that to you. I love you." "i know you do ross. I love you too. i don't know what i was thinking." she says. "well I'm sorry for upsetting you and i will never do ANYTHING like that ever again." i say. "lol good!" she says laughing and jokingly pushing my shoulder. "oh and by the way" she says. "i know you were listening from behind the door a few mins ago." i make a shocked face and then say "what are you talking about?" trying to play it off. "me and rydel's conversation. you hit your foot on the door when you were running away!" she says laughing at my injury. "thats why my foot hurts!" i say. "yup! thats why." Kaitlin says. "well im going to go tell Rydel that everything is fine now" "ok' i say. i sigh a sort of relieved sigh and lay back down.

Kaitlin's pov.

After i walk out of ross's room from talking to him about something that happened at lunch i walk back to my room and sit down beside rydel. "well...what happened?" she says. i try to make a sad face and say "we broke up." looking down at my feet. "WHAT?!?!" she says. "IM JUST KIDDING!" i say looking up smiling from ear to ear. "oh my gosh!" rydel says. "i was about to go off on him for doing that!" she says. i laugh and we decide to go downstairs. we walk down stairs and see ross on the couch, rocky and riker standing up playing a video game, stormie and mark in the kitchen talking, and ratliff and the lynches youngest sibling Ryland outside playing basketball. i walk over to the couch and sit beside ross. he looks over at me with i sad face. i half smile, half laugh and get up and sit on his lap. he smiles. i've gotten used to that facial expression being the facial expression he makes when he wants me on his lap. I lay my head down on his chest and fall asleep. I wake up by ross trying to get me off of his lap. i look over at him and say "stop I'm trying to sleep!" "ok ok" he says relaxing and sitting back. I end up staying awake and eventually get up and say "I'm bored. lets do something." "What time is it?" he asks. i pull my phone out which was still in my back pocket and check the time. "9:54 pm?" I yell. (thats what time it is (; lol) "what?" Ross says. "yea look" i say showing him my phone. a shocked look goes over his face and he says "we should go to bed." "ok" i say. we walk upstairs and i go to my room. usually he "tucks me in" and says goodnight to me while I'm already in bed or we say our goodnights in the hall before going our separate ways. But tonight was different. tonight ross came in my room and pulled my covers up and laid down. "What do you think your doing?" i say. "sleeping with you!" he says with a cheeky grin on his face. i roll my eyes and smile then climb in next to him. he snuggles into me and i snuggle back. he says "i love you" and i say "i love you too" and i instantly fall asleep basically on ross...again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys. sorry again for not updating lately. I've been kinda busy. i think im going to start making short chapters like this just to let you readers know. thank you all for..the votes...the comments...the reads...and my followers. i love you all!! I hope you enjoy my book!

-Mckenzie