Chapter Four

Chapter Four

Caspian's POV

Eustace and I started walking through the woods. Suddenly I heard a stick break, then a rustle in the bushes; probably when whoever was following us tried to hide.

"Did you hear that?" I asked Eustace.

"I-I believe I did. If you mean to imply that I heard something coming from over there," he pointed to our right, in the direction that the noise had come from.

"Exactly. Now," I grabbed his shirt collar and dragged him behind a bush, then began to speak in a low whisper. "I think splitting up is the best option at this point. You go one way and I'll go the other. It'll make it much more difficult for them to find us." I looked at him to make sure he was listening. "Now in the count of three, I'll go to the right and you go to the left."

"Wait! What do I do if I have to fight them off?!"

I pulled out a dagger and handed it to him. "Use this, alright?" he nodded. "Okay; one, two, three, GO!"

We both ran off in opposite directions of each other, and a countless amount of other people jumped out of the bushes and followed me. I did notice one follow Eustace, though. At least he only had one person to fight off.

* * * * * * *

Peter's POV

Lucy and I were in the woods on the way to Caspian's castle. We had already been to Cair Paraval to get our gifts and to dress more Narnian appropriate.

When we got to the clearing, Lucy darted out into the open field without even making sure it was safe. But I wasn't so sure we were alone. I heard someone running in our direction from my right.

"Lucy! Get back here!"

But at that moment the person ran into Lucy, knocking them both to the ground. I instantly realized who the person was the minute I saw his face, and apparently Lucy did too.

"Caspian!" we shouted his name in unison.

He looked at me, then at Lucy, going back and forth between us. I stepped out of the bushes and helped them to their feet.

"You're here too? I thought you couldn't come back!"

We did too. But apparently-" Lucy stopped mid-sentence. "Wait, what do you mean by, 'You're here too?'"

"Didn't you know?" Caspian laughed at our baffled faces. "Eustace is here as well!"

Lucy and I exchanged glances. Eustace is here?

"Well where is he?" I didn't see him anywhere.

"We were being followed and had to split up to avoid being kidnapped.... Or worse. Most of the men followed me and I was able to fight them off. I only saw one follow Eustace. I'm sure he'll be alright."

So, I'm feeling a bit of foreshadowing here.... Who do you think followed Eustace? If you're reading this, comment please!!!