Chapter Ten

Okay, first of all, I want to start off by saying that I'm sorry that I've haven't updated in so long, but with school, homework, my church youth group, and my school's 8th grade send off dance, plus I cant use the computer for a week so I have to do this in the app, I've just had trouble finding the time. Luckily, though, I finished chapter ten on google docs while I was getting ready for school last Wednesday, so I decided to finally put it on wattpad. Enjoy!

Chapter Ten

Elsa's POV

So, as it turns out, my mother had lied to me my whole life. The Pevensies, or Kings and Queens of Old, as well as King Caspian, explained everything. My mother had told me ever since I was a child that Aslan had let her rule, and that they were on the same side. Once the Pevensies had come, she told me that they were supposed to rule by her side, taking over the throne once she had died. She also said that the Battle of Beruna was to be all of the Narnians-her side and Aslan's- against the Calormenes, who wanted to take Narnia. I was never even told the truth after Jadis died. I was only (indirectly) banished from Narnia and became an outcast. I had heard, however, that the Pevensies were ruling Narnia truthfully, and protecting it bravely. I had grown a respect for them, although I never thought I would meet them.

Their majesties explained to me the truth, thankfully. I'll spare you the chance to know everything they said word for word, since I interrupted more times than they told me anything.

Anyway, they told me that my mother had taken over Narnia by force, and that at least fifty percent of Narnia was against her. They had also told me that the Pevensies were meant to restore Narnia from the endless winter Jadis had sent it into, and that they were also meant to defeat her and rule Narnia at Cair Paraval on their own. Lastly, they told me that the Battle of Beruna was actually the true Narnians (those on Aslan's side) against the White Witch's 'Narnians'.

Now, after giving everyone a room, I sat in my own, wondering what I was supposed to do next. I was, of course, going to let Caspian have the throne back (they had told me not to use titles with them, that it annoyed them), but I didn't know where to go or how to live my life once I left the castle. I certainly didn't want to go back into exile.

My thoughts were interrupted when there was a knock at my door. "Elsa? Are you in here?" Lucy.

"Yes, I'm in here."

"Oh, well, Peter told me to come and get you. He said that it was really important. And he sounded urgent."

"Alright," I opened the door to see Lucy staring up at me expectantly. "I'm coming."

She led me down the grand staircase, where I found Peter in the throne room with Caspian, Susan, and Edmund.

They all looked up as we entered. "Oh, good. You're here," Peter commented.

"Of course. What's wrong?" I asked, generally confused.

"It's about.... the White Witch," Edmund's voice cracked as he spoke. Susan put her arm around him reassuringly.

"Jadis is back," Peter stated firmly, although I could tell that he was nervous.

"What do you mean, 'back'? How so?" If there was ever a time to panic, it was most definitely right now.

"Someone revived her," Caspian answered.

"What? Who would do that?"

"We don't know yet," Susan took her eyes off of her younger brother for a split second to look me in the eye.

"You don't think I did, do you?"

"No, certainly not!" Caspian explained, "But we were hoping you might be able to help us figure out who did."