Chapter Fourteen-Part Two

Part Two

Jadis's POV

I drove my sleigh up to the castle with a few of my wolves, who had joined me along the way. I took my staff and turned the men guarding the gate to stone as we approached.

This was going to be fun.

Elsa's POV

The man I now knew as Peter gripped my shoulder and shook me ever so slightly. "Think, Elsa, are you sure you can't remember anything?" he asked.

"I....I-" I started to answer, but was cut off by Peter's younger brother, Edmund, entering the room.

"Um, guys, we have company!" he exclaimed as he burst into the room running at top speed.

Everyone turned to look at him. He was extremely pale, like he was when he first found out that Jadis was still alive.... Wait, what? What am I thinking? I'd never seen these people before two hours ago! And who's Jadis?

"Don't tell me...." Susan started.

Edmund nodded, answering her unfinished question in some kind of unspoken language. "Jadis."

"Jadis?! Okay, who is this lady?!" I screamed, desperate to find out why I had thought of this woman whom I didn't even know.

Suddenly, a pack of wolves burst through the open door, followed by a sleigh driven by a very tall, blonde woman. My heart skipped a beat, as if, somewhere deep down, I knew that this woman was bad news.

"That's Jadis," Lucy replied. I looked over to her and noticed that she was shaking from head to toe. But, she didn't look half as frightened as Edmund. He was practically cowering behind Peter and Caspian.

Jadis laughed menacingly. "This is it?" she asked, "This is all I have to go up against to take Narnia again?"

"You would be up against a lot more if you hadn't hurt Elsa and made her forget everything." Peter retorted, pulling out his sword.

Jadis just laughed again. "Exactly, which is why she can't remember that you children are the enemy, not me," she reached a hand towards me, as if asking me to join her. When I only looked at it, she cleared her throat. "Why help the losing side, Elsa? Join me, and you can rule after me."

"Don't do it, Elsa!"

I turned around to face Edmund, then turned back to Jadis, contemplating what to do.

I grabbed her hand.

Before I realized what had happened, Jadis let out a blood-curdling scream, sending chills up my spine. I immediately let to of her hand, and noticed that there were burns on her hands that hadn't been there three seconds ago.

"Oh my gosh! I-I'm so sorry! I don't even know what I did, but-"

"You idiots! She remembers, doesn't she?!" Jadis stood up, clutching her now burnt hand, and glared at the Pevensie's.

"What?" Peter looked at Jadis and I, going back and forth between the two of us.

"She used her powers on me, you fool! She must remember something!" Jadis yelled.

I was utterly confused, but before I was able to state this, I had a vision, or, flashback, of some sort:

I was standing before the doors of a balcony, which I recognized as the one in the throne room.

There was a raging blizzard outside, and I felt like I knew why. The first thing that came to my mind was: Jadis did this, but I wasn't even sure why that was. This had to be a flashback.

I stood staring at the sight in awe. Then I felt like I knew what I had to do. "I'll be right back." I said, backing away from the doors.

"Where are you going?" Edmund croaked, releasing himself from Susan's grasp, though I didn't even know why she had her arm around him in the first place.

"To see if I can stop that blizzard," I replied, leaving the room.

As soon as that flashback ended, I had another:

Jadis was standing in front of me, when she suddenly asked, "Dear, are you alright?"

"NO I'M NOT ALRIGHT!!!!" I surprisingly shouted back. She seemed very taken aback at my outburst.

I toned it down just a bit. "You lied to me your entire life! You made me think that you were the good guy, just so Narnia would belong to you again! Well you know what? I'm done with the lies, and the cruelty, and the unanswered questions! I've finally been told the truth, and I'm using it to my advantage. I'm putting an end to this blizzard," I then snapped my fingers, and the snow stopped in midair. (I didn't even know I could do that! Maybe that's what Jadis meant by my having powers!) I then turned around and began to walk away. But before I could get too far, I felt a cold, sharp pain in my back that went all the way through my abdomen into my stomach. It felt like the same pain I kept feeling in my stomach every so often. Well, Professor Cornelious did say that Jadis had done this to me. Now I knew why.

The flashback(s) ended as abruptly as they came, but it seemed they ended at the same time as they began. Everyone was staring at me, and I decided to try using my powers, since I finally remembered something and I knew who the bad guy was around here.

Hey guys!!!! So I finally updated! Sorry it took me so long, though, but I had some serious writer's block as to how I wanted to get to the point in which this chapter ended. Luckily, though, I was listening to the radio when 'See You Again' by Carrie Underwood came on, and that have me inspiration. If you're wondering, 'Why that song?' it's basically because 'See You Again' reminds me of the end of Prince Caspian, when Susan and Peter can't return to Narnia, and it also reminds me of the end of Voyage of the Dawn Treader, when Edmund and Lucy can't return to Narnia. (Mainly movies, not books; movies were a little more emotional for me, I feel more feels while watching rather than reading.) Anyway, sorry again for the longer-than-planned update!