Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen

Peter's POV

"You," she paused, "Are the enemy."

"What? Elsa, I thought you were on our side!"

"That was until I realized that I shouldn't join the side that was bound to lose," she smirked, putting her hands on her hips.

"Elsa! You know we have Aslan on our side! He defeated Jadis all those years ago, and he can do it again!"

"Oh really?" now she crossed her arms in front if her chest, "Then why did he wait 100 years for two sons of Adam and two daughters of Eve to come to defeat her? Why didn't he defeat her himself? Why didn't he defeat her as soon as she came into Narnia? And, if he's so powerful, why was she able to be brought back to life? Huh?"

"He did defeat Jadis himself! And as for her coming back to life, she needed someone to bring her back! Aslan came back to life on his own!" I grabbed her by her shoulders and shook her. "Come on, Elsa! Don't you remember anything?!"

Elsa's POV

I snapped out of my blackout when Peter shook me. Then it hit me: I remembered everything! Meeting Eustace, then the Pevensie's and Caspian, the blizzard, Jadis coming back to life, and then the blow she gave me.

"Are you even listening to me?!" Peter was still gripping my shoulders.

"What?" I asked, unsure of what he had said before I snapped back into reality.

"I said that Aslan defeated Jadis by himself, and that-"

"I know that!" I cut him off. "Peter.... I remember!"

He loosened his grip on my shoulders, and his eyes widened in shock. "You remember?" I nodded. "You remember!" he pulled me into a hug. It felt good, hugging him like that. The way he just randomly hugged me in the spur of the moment.

We stayed like that for a long time. When he finally pulled away, our faces were so close, they weren't even an inch apart. It wouldn't even take a second to close the gap between our lips.

We both leaned in, and as our lips brushed, I felt an agonizing pain in my stomach and my knees have out and I collapsed. Oh no.

Peter's POV

Elsa fell to the floor, apparently too weak to stand.

"Elsa? Elsa are you alright?" I bent down on my knees and helped her to sit up. I noticed she was clutching her stomach.

"It.... It hurts...." I could see tears welling up in her eyes. I rubbed her back reassuringly.

At that moment, Glenstorm charged in with reinforcements.

"Peter...."

I turned to Elsa; she had tears soaking her face.

"Yeah?"

"I don't think I'm gonna make it much longer...."

I wiped a tear that was about to fall down her cheek. "It's gonna be okay," I pulled her towards me, letting her head rest against my chest. "I'll stay with you until the end, okay?"

She nodded, tears still streaming down her face.

Soon enough, my vision blurred, and I felt tears falling down my own face as well.

Hi, readers! Peter and Elsa kinda had a moment back there, huh? Let me know what you think!