Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

Edmund's POV

"Everyone, we need to get up. We have to get a move on if we're going to get to the castle and find Eustace in time." That was definitely Caspian. He was the only one of us who could get up after having only a few hours of sleep and still seem wide awake.

There were moans all around as he nudged and shook everyone, attempting to wake them up. I opened my eyes slightly, trying to will myself awake.

"What?" I asked, still partially asleep.

"Don't you remember anything I told you last night?"

Luckily, my half-asleep brain actually could remember what Caspian said last night:

"This is going to be a long story, so listen carefully," Caspian took a deep breath and continued, "Once the crew and I returned on the Dawn Treader, there was snow covering everything, except, it wasn't winter. We raced to the castle to find that it had been taken over by a woman named Elsa."

"But what would she want with Narnia?" Peter questioned.

Caspian chuckled. "You might want to brace yourselves for this one. Elsa.... Is the White Witch's daughter."

"But how is that possible?" I started getting nervous. If the White Witch had a daughter, she was probably exactly like her. And what if she tried to revive the White Witch? Then there would be two of them walking around, their only goal being to rule and destroy all of Narnia.

"Apparently she ages as you do, which I don't understand, so it's entirely possible for the White Witch to be her mother."

"Yes, but, couldn't she be bluffing?" Susan and Lucy exchanged glances, both looking confused and worried.

"That's not possible. She's the reason Narnia's in another eternal winter, and she's proved it. When she banished the crew and myself and we tried to fight her off, she created a sword of ice. But when that didn't work, she pulled out the White Witch's staff: fully repaired," he sighed. "She's stronger than we could've ever imagined."

Lucy took in a sharp breath, and all of our eyes widened.

Back to the present. Caspian finally got all of us to wake up, and we started heading in the direction of the castle.

"So, how long is this going to take?" I asked.

"We'll probably be there by sundown if we start now," Caspian turned around to look at us, nodding his head to his right to get us to follow him.

My siblings and I slowly got up from our makeshift beds and started following Caspian.

* * * * * * *

Peter's POV

It wasn't that hard to get to the castle. We were only a few miles away from it; all we had to do to get there was cross a river and pass through the woods, because Elsa resided in the old Telmarine castle, which was also where Caspian had lived before Elsa had taken over.

Caspian was right about it being sundown when we got there, unfortunately. The sun was setting behind the castle, so we all had to shield our eyes with our hands so we could see where we were going. We reached the drawbridge to find that it was up. My siblings and I glanced to Caspian as if asking him what to do next.

He looked to us with a smirk. "Don't worry, I planned for this." He dug into his satchel and pulled out a long rope, which had a wooden stake tied to one end. Turning to Susan, he asked, "Do you mind if I use an arrow?"

Susan took an arrow from her quiver and gave it to Caspian. He tied the other end of the rope to it and pierced the stake into the ground. He then handed the arrow back to Susan. "Think you can shoot this to the top of the wall?"

"Of course," she scoffed, "Who do you think I am?"

She settled the arrow in her bow and pulled it back, firing at the top of the wall. It nearly went overtop of the wall, but luckily hit it and stabbed into it, staying in place.

Caspian tugged on the rope to make sure it was secured. "Impressive," he stated, glancing to Susan. "But I expected nothing less of you."

"I'm glad," she replied, giving a small curtsy.

Caspian smiled, sighing. "Well, then, we should get in. Everyone follow my lead," he leaned over a bit, grabbing hold of the rope with his hands, then swung forward and started moving upwards towards the top of the wall.

After we all got to the top, I looked around, laughing. "Deja vu, anyone?" This was the exact place we had stood when we first entered the castle for the raid so long ago, back when the Telmarines still had control of Narnia.

"Yeah," Ed replied, "Except we're here to fight the White Witch's daughter, not Telmarines, and we had to climb up here by rope instead of being carried here by gryphons. Plus I don't have my torch with me, and there's not a whole Narnian army waiting for a signal on the other side of that drawbridge."

Lucy huffed a sigh, bringing her palm to her forehead with a soft 'thud'. "That's not the point, Ed," she explained through gritted teeth.

"Aw, come on, Lu! He's my older brother! I have to mess with him some of the time!"

"Yes but what you don't realize is that it's annoying the rest of us as well," Susan retorted, heading for the stairwell.

"An added bonus, I suppose," Ed chuckled.

And with that, we all headed into the castle to find Eustace and the White Witch's daughter: Elsa.

Almost forgot to put in an author's note! Oops! Anyway, I wanted to dedicate the chapter to @NessaTheFangirl to thank her for voting for numerous chapters of this story!!!! Okay, I guess that's it! BYEEEEEE!!!!!!