Upgrade

Harry's POV

I hadn't been able to peel the smile off my face for the past three hours, grinning so big that my cheeks were aching. I looked down at our intertwined hands as we laid on the couch, Hannah's left hand laced into mine as the light coming in from the window lit up both of our rings. One hour was all it took, from the minute she suggested we get married to the moment we walked out of City Hall as husband and wife. It seemed impossible that it was real, but somehow it was. Hannah was officially my wife, and I was her husband.

Deep down I still hoped we would have a wedding one day, that she would get to a point where she would be happy to celebrate our marriage with our family and friends, but considering I'd woken up that morning wondering if she was leaving me, I was more than satisfied with how things had turned out. It was never the wedding that was important to me, I just wanted Hannah to have her day and her moment that I knew she'd been planning since she was a little girl. For me, it had always been about committing myself to her, building a life and growing old together. I just wanted the marriage, and the wedding was a minor detail in that.

She seemed so happy, which only magnified my own happiness. I hadn't seen her smile so much in so long, and I think that although we'd both started the day in an unbelievable amount of pain it had somehow cleansed us. We'd finally communicated about the distance we'd both felt between us, what was really going on, and in a lot of ways it felt like we were starting fresh. We were officially married, and I think we both wanted to start that off in a positive direction.

Neither one of us thought everything was just magically fixed, but we seemed to have a new perspective, a new set of goals, and it felt like we were finally on the same page.

"I can't believe you actually married me." She giggled as she looked up at me.

"Me? I'm just some orphan from the hood. I think we both know I'm the one who upgraded." I chuckled.

"You look pretty hot with a wedding ring on." She smiled as she sat up and threw one of her legs around my waist so she was straddling me.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah." She grinned as she leaned down to kiss me, tangling her fingers through my hair as I gripped her hips in my hands.

"When are the kids getting back?" I asked as she started to kiss my neck.

"We have time, we can do it again." She smiled against my skin with a giggle.

We'd come home straight from City Hall and headed to our bedroom, both of us anxious to make up from this morning and celebrate our new marriage, before we'd hopped in the shower and thrown on some sweats to await the kids arrival. Brian had called to say that he and Ash were taking them to the park with Gem and Liam, so we weren't sure exactly when they'd be back.

"Fuck, my wife is so hot." I sighed as she reached down to pull off her shirt just as the front door swung open, Brian's voice immediately booming through the room.

"And what are Mommy and Daddy doing?" He laughed as we turned to see him standing there, one of the twins in each arm while Ash appeared behind him.

I just threw my head back into the couch at the fact that we'd been interrupted, before Brian put them both down and they came running over to us.

"Uncle Brian gave us ice cream sundaes for breakfast!" Maci giggled as Hannah pulled her up onto her lap, immediately shooting Brian a look.

"Thanks, Mace. We had a deal, remember?" He scoffed as I sat up.

"Encouraging my kids to lie to me? Nice, Stonesy." I chuckled.

"Well, in my defense, it came with their meal." He said as he threw his hands up.