That's Life

Harry's POV

Liam was waiting anxiously in my office as I entered, I had just finished dropping the kids off at school and arrived at work, and he looked like he was gonna have a coronary as I threw my keys down on my desk.

"What is it, Liam?" I chuckled as I took a seat, knowing him well enough to know the difference between when something was really wrong and when he had just gotten himself worked up about something.

"Did you hear from the judge?" He asked.

"Not yet, hopefully we'll know this morning." I sighed. "But why don't you tell me why you look like you're gonna have a stroke."

He laughed lightly before shaking his head at me, sitting down in the chair across my desk and taking a deep breath.

"I need you to help me figure our what to get your sister for Christmas." He said seriously, and a loud laugh escaped my lips.

"That's what you're all worked up about?" I chuckled. "Jesus, Li. You need to learn to control your stress levels."

"Well it's only like two weeks away and I know she's had my present picked out for months. I just wanna get her something good, and work has been so busy that I just wanna know what I'm getting her so I can just get it sorted."

"Why don't you just ask her what she wants?" I asked with a shrug.

"Because if I ask her and she tells me and that's what I get she'll say I didn't put any thought into it."

"Which would be true." I said as I picked up a contract and started scanning it.

"What are you getting Hannah?"

"Ummm, I've got a few small things already. Still working out her main present." I sighed. "Just trying to get through the kid's birthday party this weekend first and then I'll finish all that up. You guys are coming right?"

"Yeah, Saturday. We'll be there." He nodded. "But come on, you've gotta have some idea. Everyone knows that you're the wife whisperer when it comes to gifts."

I just laughed at him and shook my head, the same way I always did when I heard that term. I had no idea why all the boys always came to me for gift ideas, I didn't think I had any particular talent for picking them out, I just paid attention and got her something I thought she'd like.

"Alright, well..." I started as I thought out loud. "How about a trip or something? Might be nice to get her more of an experience or something you guys could do together rather than just stuff? Gem loves that kind of stuff. Take her somewhere she's never been or do something she's never done."

"Like what?"

"Jesus, Liam. She's your wife, don't you know these things? Think about it." I laughed.

"Alright, alright. I guess I'll have to mull it over." He sighed as my office phone rang and I leaned over to pick it up.

"Mr. Styles, Mr. Welch is here to see you." Taylor informed me and I felt my stomach tighten as I told her to let him in.

A few seconds later, the door to my office opened and in strolled Mr. Welch as I tried to read his face. I think I knew that court had gone well enough that there was no way we were gonna lose the kids, but there was always that nagging doubt that it was still a possibility that it could happen that made me nervous.

"Good morning." Mr. Welch smiled as I stood up and he shook my hand before turning to Liam. "Mr. Payne, good to see you."

"Likewise." Liam smiled.