Secrets

Harry's POV

My heart was thumping against my ribcage, my fists clenched at my sides as I tried to gather every ounce of self control I had. Troy and I continued to glare at each other while Liam kept checking the document, making sure he was reading what he thought he was.

"They aren't your fucking kids, you piece of shit." I spat. "You walked out on them a long fucking time ago."

"They're still my flesh and blood, and no matter what you or anyone else says that's not gonna change." He said simply.

"You aren't getting anywhere near them, do you hear me?!" I snapped as I lunged forward, Liam immediately reaching out to hold me back. "Over my dead fucking body!"

"Careful, that can be arranged." He smirked, the smug look on his face making me wanna snap his head right off his neck.

"Try me you fucking pussy, I fucking dare you!" I seethed. "Give me a fucking reason, I swear to god you'll fucking regret it."

It had been a long time since I'd felt that much rage, if ever, as I stood there glaring at him. Liam was the only reason he wasn't a bleeding mess on the pavement, and every second that he stood in front of me was just another second I contemplated punching Liam just so I could get at him.

"As much as I'd love to, I've got a lot of things to do to prepare for the arrival of my kids, so we'll have to pick this up some other time." He said, trying to taunt me even further. "See you soon, Styles."

I watched as he turned, taking a few steps before he turned back to face me again.

"By the way, how's Hannah looking these days? She was always such a hot little piece of ass, maybe I'll take her for a spin too while I'm at it."

Before Liam could even process it, I'd lunged forward and slammed my fist into his face, falling on top of him and repeatedly throwing my knuckles into his jaw. I was only able to get a couple of shots in before Liam grabbed me, pulling me upwards and yelling at me to calm down.

"Harry, stop! Fuck, listen to me." He said as I stood there breathless, wishing he'd approached me when I was alone.

I watched as Troy stood up, wiping the blood from his lip as he smirked over at me. He didn't say anything, just looked at me with that smug grin, before he turned and walked away, disappearing into the darkness. My heart was still racing from the adrenaline pumping through me when Liam turned me around, placing his hands on my shoulders and looking at me.

"Listen to me." He said. "That guy is a piece of fucking shit and I can't say I wouldn't have decked him either. But you have to be smart about this."

He held up the document in his hand, letting me know he meant there could be legal repercussions for what I'd just done.

"He can use it, Harry. Anything you do, he can use it."

My mind was spinning as I tried to process what this could all mean, what it was he really wanted to do. I didn't understand it, I couldn't make sense of it, and most of all I felt an overwhelming sense of fear that he might actually pull it off.

"I can't...he can't-this, this can't happen." I said breathlessly as the weight of it hit me, having to place my hands on my knees and lean forward to keep myself from falling over.

I felt like I could throw up, my hands shaking as I tried to focus on my breathing, the possibility of my worst fear coming true almost too much to take. I felt Liam take my face in his hands and pull me up to stand straight, holding my head to look at him as he looked at me more determined than I'd ever seen him.