Headphones

*Author's Note*

Hey guys, it has come to my attention that a lot of you didn't get the notification for my last update, so if you haven't read it make sure you read it before you read this one! Also, please make sure you follow me because I do send out messages from time to time if there is gonna be a delay in updating, just because I don't like to leave you waiting and try to keep you in the loop!  Looking forward to chatting about this one <3

Love yousss

Sarah

Hannah's POV

"Hey..." Harry said slowly as he entered our bedroom, looking at me with that same sympathetic look he'd had in his eye for the past week. "How was your day?"

I looked over at him as he came toward me, pulling me into his arms as he kissed me hello and I wrapped my arms around his waist. I rested my head on his chest as he ran his hand down my back, a comfortable silence falling over us as we stood in our bedroom and enjoyed the comfortability of our embrace.

Harry and I had been doing this little dance for the past week, both of us worried about the information the other had received that day in Stanks' office, trying our best to be supportive of each other. We hadn't actually discussed any of it, like some kind of unspoken understanding that neither of us were ready. I desperately wanted to know what was going on in his head now that he knew his father was alive and well, and I knew he was doing his best to be supportive of me now that we knew we didn't lose my mother and Emma in some tragic accident.

To be honest, I hadn't been able to wrap my mind around any of it. I'd been so worried about Harry and all of the emotions he must have been feeling, so conscious of his every movement as I watched it eat at him, that I hadn't given too much thought to the fact that my mother had been murdered. Knowing Stanks had them killed on purpose didn't make the sting of losing them any easier, but they were still gone. The new information didn't change that, and as much as it made me want revenge for them, to make him pay for what he'd done, Gucc had already taken care of it. I was left with an empty feeling in the pit of my stomach, knowing that they were taken from me for no good reason, but I figured part of me would always feel like that whether it was an accident or not. They were gone, and there was nothing anybody could say or do to change that.

But Harry's pain was very much ongoing. He hadn't lost his father, he wasn't trying to come to terms with the fact that he was gone. What Harry was dealing with was so much more complicated than what I was, and as usual he spent all his energy focusing on me instead of himself. He'd assumed his dad was dead for years, and I knew there was no part of him that ever thought he would come face to face with him again. Not only that, but I knew he was struggling with the idea that Gucc had done things for him behind the scenes, that he had saved me and the kids, and in some weird way I knew it made Harry feel like he owed him something.

I had given him the space and time to attempt to process it all, but I knew my husband well enough to know that unless he talked about it, said it out loud, he would bury it. I could see the way it was affecting him, how distracted he was, and no matter how much he tried to be the strong one because he felt I needed it, I knew the six year old boy inside of him always wondered why his father never came back for him. I would catch him watching the twins, admiring them as they played, and I just knew he was thinking about himself that way. He was imagining himself that age, so innocent and naive to what his life would become, and wondering how his father could ever walk away from his own children.

"How was work?" I asked as I looked up at him, tucking a piece of his hair behind his ear before I ran my fingertips across his cheek.

"Same old." He said, gazing down at me as he took my hand and kissed the back of it. "I missed you."