A Chance

Hannah's POV

I stood next to Harry, feeling an uncharacteristic amount of rage rushing through me, as I listened to him discuss the situation with the boys. I'd never felt anything like it, the pure and unfiltered anger that boiled in my gut making me more focused and determined than I'd ever been.

There was something about the thought of someone threatening Hank and Maci, our children, that turned me into someone I didn't recognize. I suppose it was some kind of motherly instinct, but whatever it was, I already knew it made me capable of things I didn't know of yet. I'd heard Harry talk about who he used to be, the way he'd fought all his life to survive, how he had to be someone he wasn't proud of in order to protect those he loved, and I'd never understood it more than I did in those moments.

I was ready for whatever it was, eager almost, as I practically dared anyone to try to come after them. I obviously didn't have the experience Harry had, and I didn't know who this guy was or what he was capable of, but I knew between Harry's experience and my rage we were damn near unstoppable.

"Alright, okay, hold on." Zayn said calmly, the seven of us gathered in the empty space of the old house that was usually our living room. "Stanks sent someone out, handing out their picture, and saying he'd hire them to take the twins? It makes no sense, what use would two six year old's be to him?"

"Mitt and Deaks said he's into some other shit now, whatever that means." Harry sighed, different scenarios obviously running through his head.

"What though? What business would involve kids?" I asked, doing my best to prepare myself for the answer as they all looked at me like they were terrified to say what they were thinking. "Just say it, stop filtering yourselves." I snapped.

"Well...he could sell them I guess." Brian sighed. "Adoptions take so long, and they're expensive. I guess he could be running something like that on the side, maybe that's why he wants them specifically."

"Or it could be worse." Louis piped up. "He could have some kind of child porn ring or something, sex trade shit."

The entire room tensed at his words, the thought alone making me wanna throw up.

"Stoner's right." Harry piped up. "There's a reason he wants them specifically. Which is why it makes no sense if he doesn't know they're mine."

"Yeah...but you have no problems with him. It makes no sense if he did know either." Liam said, running his hand through his hair. "The whole thing makes no sense, no matter what way you put it."

"Okay, well the reasons why aside...I think the real question is what are we gonna do about it?" Zayn said, looking around at all of us.

"We only have a few options...I don't know which route is the best way to go." Harry sighed, obviously torn about trying to do the right thing that gave us the best option of keeping everyone safe. "I could go talk to him, explain that they're my kids, see if that carries any weight. Which I doubt it does."

"It's Stanks. He won't care, even if you were one of his top guys back in the day. He's loyal to no one. We know that." Louis said.

"And, if you go there and tell him they're yours, it could backfire. He might do more just to spite you if he thinks you're trying to tell him what to do. I don't know if it's better if he knows they're yours." Liam added.

"If it's about money, I could just give him whatever they're worth to him." Harry said. "I could just settle the score and maybe he'd take the money and leave it."

"Or he'd realize you have money now and try to extort you for more." Brian scoffed. "Let's remember who we're talking about. The guy is ruthless, we all know what he's capable of. I doubt we can trust him at his word."