CALM DOWN

I woke up, disoriented a few hours later. Huh, I actually fell asleep,and I got a few hours of uninterrupted sleep, nice. Most of my wounds have healed, still sore though. Oh well, I guess it's time to go talk to my parents. I wonder what happened with Dad?

Our favorite halfa made his way down stairs to find his parents in the kitchen with his mom making dinner. I hope she doesn't bring it to life again. "Danny boy!" His dad shouted in his usual loud way. "So you met your brother and his Father today." "What did you think of them?" I couldn't help but notice his smile became strained when asking about Mr. Wayne. Oh, maybe that's why he wasn't up here while they were here, is he afraid I'll replace them? I thought to myself. I took a breath and answered Dad out loud. "I'm not sure what to think dad, I had a bad day and when mom told me about Dick, I kind of lost it a little bit." So Mr. Wayne was kind enough to suggest they leave to give me, well all of us, time to process everything together as a family. Dick seems pretty cool though, Mr. Wayne seemed kind of intense." I noticed my Mom listening to the conversation and had to ask. "How long have you guys known about Dick thinking I was his brother, and why didn't you tell me they would be here today? Are you sure we're really brothers, what if there was a mix up?" Mom looked into my blue eyes, and said, "Danny, sweetie calm down."" Mr.Wayne contacted us about a month ago, he said his oldest adopted son had recently became aware of another child his parents had before there unfortunate death, and had reason to believe that child was you, and asked if we would allow a DNA analysis to be run, so that all of us could be sure."" Your father and I agreed to send some of your hair to be compared."" We didn't want to tell you until we were sure you were the one Richard was looking for."" Two weeks ago, Mr. Wayne called us and said the results where a match, and asked if we would be okay with the two of you meeting."" We agreed, and set a date and time. We didn't tell you because we wanted you to be focused on school and not worrying about meeting your brother." We realize now that was a mistake." Dad looks up and says quietly "Yeah Danny boy, we're sorry."

I just looked at them blankly for a minute, then say "No, maybe you guys were right, I probably would have been obsessing about this meeting, and besides I overreacted anyway." Mom cuts in and says "That's right,  you said you had a bad day, care to explain, and does it have anything to do with why I got two phone calls from school today?" I sigh and say "look mom that food fight, I didn't start it, I just got blamed, and I didn't mean to skip my classes, I, uh, I wasn't feeling well, and spent most of the time in the bathroom." "Alright sweetie I believe you," Mom says, "maybe I should call the school on Monday." "NO!" I exclaim, " don't call the school mom, if you complain it will just make it worse, I got it covered okay." That and they may just tell her about all the other times I've skipped class, nope don't need that on top of everything else.

"Hey where's Jazz anyway" I ask seeing as dinner is almost ready. Mom answers "She's at the library should be here any second." I grin and ask "Does she know anything about Dick?" No, Dad answers, we thought you should know first. Why?" I throw my head back laughing, "n no reason I stutter out just, ha ha, you guys can tell her all about it." Ha, Ha Good luck!" Mom and Dad who had both started smiling when I started laughing, looked at each other smiles dropping. Just then the front door opened and shut and a young female voice announces, "I'm home." "We'll talk to her after dinner" Mom states looking at her husband for support. "Yeah, that's a good plan" Dad agrees quickly. Mom, I start hesitantly, can I have my phone back? I was hoping to talk to Sam and Tucker about everything." She smiles and says "Sure, sweetie after dinner." Jazz looks over at me and says" Wait, what stuff you know you can always talk to me." I say " I know Jazz, I probably talk to you later, but right now let's eat."

After dinner I beat a hasty retreat, while my parents explained everything to Jazz, I dialed Sam's number as the first WHAT??? reached my sensitive ears, as soon as she picked up, I say " Hey Sam I'm gonna call Tucker and put you guys on a conference call, your not gonna believe my day."

A/n: Okay so following the advice I got, thinking will now be written like this, speaking with be "speaking", I also noticed some inconsistencies between chapters, whoops, that has now been fixed. Also, I know there hasn't been any action, it's coming I promise, we just gotta get through the background stuff first, I have so many ideas on where to take this. Until next time outcast. Also, if you ever see artwork, it's not mine.