Careful what you wish for

A/N: Warning Violence and swearing ahead.

So the rest of the week went by in the typical fashion, except for me pulling some low Cs out my rear, to just barley pass freshman year. My friends and I celebrated all weekend with video games, movies and oddly enough there were no ghostly interruptions, which I got to tell you made me extremely paranoid. I tried my best to enjoy it while it lasted.

Monday started with a bang, and unfortunately for me, I mean that literally. I could hear an explosion happen from somewhere toward the center of town, and of course had to go and investigate. I get there and see Plasmius locked in battle with something I had never seen before. It looked like they had been fighting for a bit, I could see a lot of damage. It looked like a demon from a movie, orangish brown scaly skin, horns, deep gravely voice and of course red eyes, with a vaguely human shape, and this thing was huge, at least ten feet tall if not taller.

I look over at Plasmius "what did you do now frootloop?" He sneers at me "that's none of your concern boy, now leave." Plasmius looks terrible they must have been fighting for awhile. The thing looks at me and booms out "this mortal has dared to disturb my slumber, demanding I grant him a wish. Now he must defeat me in combat or this entire place shall suffer my wrath." I look back at Plasmius "Seriously did you learn nothing from the Pariah Dark incident, what could you possibly want so badly!?" Plasmius had the decency to look guilty but didn't answer my question instead says "the Di-jinn was rumored to have helped villages in the past, non of the lore said it had to be defeated first." "A Di-jinn what is that, how do we defeat it?" The Di-jinn is an old creature that is suppose to grant wishes." I just look at Plasmius "and having dealt with Desiree in the past taught you nothing?" A thought occurs to me "this is about the League isn't it, you were going to use the wish to keep them out of town!!! Why?" Before Plasmius can answer or lie more than likely the Di-jinn throws a fireball at us causing us to scatter in different directions. "We're dealing with this then I'm kicking your ass later" I scream at Vlad. "I have no quarrel with you young one, but the old one must do battle with me." This town is under my protection, your battle is destroying it." I answer the back. "So be it" the Di-jinn bellows out, you will both face my wrath!" Then it moved so fast I couldn't keep up with it, I realized a moment too late it was behind me when I was kicked to the ground creating a crater. I crawled out in time to see Plasmius attempt to blast the thing from behind using ectoblast that are fueled by his fire core. It almost seemed to absorb the energy before launching its own attack back at him. I take that time to get the civilians in the area out of the way of the fight. I turn to rejoin the fight when I hear "Phantom!" I see Sam and Tucker running toward me. "You guys need to get out of here. NOW!" I shout at them. "We're going" Tucker answers "we just wanted to give you this so we can help from a distance." Tucker hands over a modified Fenton Phone. The new design being less bulky looking more like an ear bud. "Thanks guys.. now go" Sam looks at me worriedly, "Be careful Danny" I smile at her "You know me" I take off but I can hear "that's what worries me." I put the Fenton Phone in place "Can you guys hear me?" "Loud and clear bro" Tucker answers "Vlad called this thing a Di-Jinn see what you can find" "On it" They answer together. I fly as fast as I can at it and deliver a upper cut to its jaw. It retaliates by punching me in on the left side, I can hear my ribs break, I grunt in pain but do my best to ignore it. I land a solid kick to its chest knocking it back a few feet. It throws a fireball at me grazing my right thigh. Vlad tries to shock it, it shrugs it off like it wasn't bothered by it at all. It moves at Vlad and kicks him to the ground, then follows him down and punches him a few times until I use an ectoblast and knock the Di-Jinn back into the air. Vlad looks terrible. I don't think he's going to be much help at this point. I see a flash of light and Plasmius is transformed into Vlad.

I fly back into the air "looks like it's just you and me now" I turn and fly away from town, the Di-Jinn follows me thankfully. "Boy stop running and face your fate." The Di-Jinn snarls. I fly and turn invisible but the thing keeps hurling fireballs straight at me, so it must be one of the supernatural creatures that can see through my invisibility, I drop the invisibility to save energy. I dodge several fireballs sent my way, I turn intangible to keep from getting roasted. I turn and give it a smirk and unleash my most powerful attack, my ghostly wail. I put as much energy into it as I dare. Once the wail dies away I looked to see the Di-Jinn looking disoriented but not down. "Danny" I hear through the Fenton phones "According to lore the Di-Jinn are made from smoke and fire." "Thanks guys" I answer back. So maybe this thing need to cool off a bit. The Di-Jinn recovers and flies at me, we slam into a large rock, the Di-Jinn lifts me and slams me back down twice before I'm able to access my intangibility and phase out of its grasp. I can feel my ribs shift, it's getting harder to breath,I can taste metal, I can also hear ringing from where my head was being slammed down too. I run at the creature jump as I reach it twist around in the air until I'm facing its back and slam my palms onto it. I access my core and create ice around the Di-Jinn. "Dude, you need to chill." It breaks free and kicks me in the stomach, all I can process for several moments is agony, that's plenty of time to for it to grab my ankle and throw me to the ground, then step on my right leg, I can hear a sickening snap then it feels like fire. The thing kicks me in the face, I can feel my jaw give. My entire body hurts, I'm not sure I can even get up, I feel the thing put his foot on my back. "You should have stayed out of this child, now you will suffer." What does this thing mean will suffer, pretty sure I already am.

Just when I think things couldn't get any worse, I hear what can only be the Fenton RV. I feel the Di-Jinn lift its foot off of me and turn and face my parents. I slowly get to my feet, my entire body is on fire, my vision is blurry, my ears are ringing, I can barely breath, I start to cough and blood comes up. I look up and blink a few times. I'm able to focus enough to see the Di-Jinn is now speaking to my parents. NO! I won't let this thing hurt them! I gather what little strength I have left, struggle to get up, and fly between them and face the Di-Jinn, my parents behind me, take as deep a breath as possible, it's agony with my broken ribs and what I'm sure is a punctured lung, and unleash my ghostly wail, except this time I push my core into the attack forming ice along with the sound waves. I give it everything I have left, I can feel the strain all the way to my core. The wail dies away and I can see that it had an effect this time. The Di-jinn is no longer solid but smokey in appearance with its form fading in and out. "You have defeated me young one. What is your wish?""I don't want anything from you, I want you to go back to where you came from, and leave my home in peace." I answer, I hope the thing can understand me. "You do not wish for anything for yourself" it says looking surprised "No" I answer "anything I get in this life I'll earn for myself" "You are one of kind child. Today will not be forgotten." It fades into smoke disappearing completely. My strength gives completely as I fall to the ground." Pha......ca.....me?" I can hear voices and see a teal and orange blur but I can't make out what's going on anymore. My vision blurs even further and starts fading to black when I feel myself change back into human form. ...anny!!??? I feel soft hands on my face and can just make out the bright red of my mom's hair. "I'm sorry" I try to say, I'm not sure if anything actually comes out, it's getting harder to breath, I just can't, everything's getting darker. "...ay awake ...nny! Ple....." I'm sorry Mom, Dad. I love you both so much.

Darkness.....

A/N: So I was inspired, got this out a lot quicker than I thought I would. Some of you are probably thinking Danny was taken down too easily. I hate stories where he's practically a god, I also hate stories where he's pathetic and has to be saved constantly, so hopefully I can manage a happy in-between. Also, I took the Di-Jinn lore and twisted to suit my purposes, I intend no disrespect. Later Outcast.