Chapter 10

The rest of the week passed without incident. I got to hang out with Dick, with only a few ghostly interruptions. He doesn't seem suspicious of me so maybe I pulled off the whole "normal" thing. I do wonder what he was doing all day while I was at school, but every time I thought to ask I was distracted by something. Now here comes the hard part, having to say goodbye. It didn't take long but I have gotten used to Dick being here, in some ways I feel like I've known him forever. He's an awesome big brother, I'm a little jealous of his other brothers, even though I know that's ridiculous.

Now standing at the airport with my family, and yes they took the Fenton RV, shudder, I was able to ride with Dick to the airport in his rental. "Well" I sigh "I'm going to miss you." He glances over with a grin and ruffles my hair, "I'm going to miss you too little brother, but you have one more week of school then your summer break, maybe we can arrange a visit." "Yeah," I say not meeting his eyes. You have no idea how much I would love that, but I can't. I'm going to have to start thinking of excuses for why I can't go. I hate that he'll be disappointed though. "Well" he says enthusiastically" trying to lighten the mood "I'll see you little brother, don't forget to call or message or Skype okay." I nod sadly "Bye Dick" He ruffles my hair one last time and turns and walks through the gate. I walk over to where my family was waiting, Jazz nudges my shoulder and asks "are you okay?" "Yeah, I just....He was really easy to get attached too you know. She nodded, "yeah he's pretty cool." My parents hug me, and we make our way back to the RV where I put in headphones and listen to Linkin Park the whole way home, not feeling like talking to anyone.

We get home and I go to my room and lay on my bed, just in time for my ghost sense to manifest. I transform just as Plasmius phases through my roof. "What do you want Plasmius?" I growl not in the mood for his kind of crazy. "Unless your here to tell me you got another cat and your going to be leaving my family in peace from now on I don't want to hear anything you have to say." "Oh trust me little badger you are going to want to hear this" He says with a creepy grin. "I got a message a few days ago, that the Justice League will be visiting our town again." I sneer "What's that got to do with me?" He comes forward and grips the front of my coat with one hand and brings me toward him "Listen to me you foolish boy, it's in both of our best interest for the League to investigate and not find anything like before." I pull his hand away and say "and how is it in my best interest? I could use the help keeping the town safe." "Don't be such a child!" He snarls at me "You think the League will see you as a hero?" "Most of the town doesn't even see you that way." "I don't care!" "I'm not hiding while they're here! Besides what are you going to do about the other ghost that come through?" Vlad became very still "well if you won't even hear me out, I guess there is nothing left to say." He turns and fly's away. That's weird, I've never known Vlad to just give up. Crap I would bet anything that he's planning something big to try to keep the League in the dark. I wonder when they're suppose to get here? I wonder who's coming?

If I had known what was coming, I would have thought twice about mocking and dismissing Vlad. Nah, knowing me I still would of done it, but I would of thought about it.

A/n:1. So I have been super sick this past week, and haven't been able to focus on reading anything much less writing. 2. Yes I'm a Linkin Park fan. RIP Chester. 3. The next chapter may or may not take me awhile, I want it to be..... nope no spoilers. Later outcasts.