Rules

I spent the rest of the week spending time with Dick and his family. Bruce wanted me to train with J'onn on how to use my newly developed telekinesis, but J'onn was busy with his own stuff. He did however send a message with suggestions on techniques on meditating to keep me form losing control. So far they seem to be working. Jason even stayed most of the time. He would leave for patrol then come back to the Manor with one excuse or another.

Tim was cool and brilliant. After finding out how far behind I was in school and how much I would be missing while I 'recovered' he offered to tutor me. I took him up on his offer, mainly as a distraction until my family and friends got to visit. I still have a long way to go, but I'm starting to catch up, Tim makes it easy.

I outfitted Jason with a couple of ectoguns, some of my own ideas I had modified from my parents designs. The guns were much smaller and easier to conceal. I carry a few myself just in case I don't have access to my powers. He taught me how to properly shoot a regular gun. He reasoning being "you just never know kid, better to know how than to be in a situation where you wish you did."

Damian was harder to figure out how to get along with. He didn't seem to like me. At all. I tried all the regular things to spend time with him. You know, video games, movies, regular games, he just turned his nose up at all my suggestions. Then I had the idea to ask him to help me train. He seemed skeptical at first, but I explained to him that I had been cut off from my powers before and was pretty useless because of it. I told him how Bruce and Dick had been teaching me, but they were both busy with a case this week. A case they refused to let us help with I might add. Let's just say Damian enjoyed introducing me to the floor. Over and over and over. You get the picture. Kid might be younger than me but he's been trained his entire life to fight, and even kill. I'm getting better....I think.

It wasn't until I was going on about my friends that I started to understand Damian a little bit better. I was talking about how we just hang out and have fun when a peculiar look came over his face. He tried to look causal when he asked "what exactly do you do when you 'hang out'?" I blink at him but answer anyway "you know, we go to the arcade or get something to eat, sometimes we just hang out at the park, whatever seems fun at the time." He still seemed confused so I elaborated more "sometimes we go watch bad movies just so we can make fun of them." He gave a "tt, seems pointless." I grin, nod and say "it is, that's part of the fun." He just seemed bewildered by it all.

Then it hit me and I say "wait." "Haven't you ever just hung out with your friends and had fun?" He shrugs and says softly "I don't really have friends, nor do I need them." I may not be the best at reading people but even I could tell the kid was lying. I jumped to my feet feeling determined and say "well then, you just going to have to hang out with me." "I'll show you how it's done." He rolls his eyes and says "I'm easily recognized as the son of Bruce Wayne and your supposed to be in some facility recovering." "We can't go out." I think it over and say "well I guess we'll just have to go out in disguise, won't we?" "Come on Dami I want out of this place for a little while, don't you?" Besides I need a distraction, thinking about my Mom hurts too much. He stands and shakes his head "we'll get caught." I bounce on the balls of my feet and say "no we won't, Tim is off with his friends, Jason is doing whatever it is Jason does, Dick and your Dad are working that case and Alfred is running errands all day, and I have ghost powers I can fly us invisibly to the City then back later, no one will even know we were gone." "I'm going to go take a shower, decide if you want to go or not." Damian was waiting for me when I get done. He was dressed in a red hoodie with the hood pulled up, dark sunglasses on his face and dark wash blue jeans on. I was dressed the same except I was wearing a black hoodie.

I grin and ask him "ready to fly, little bird?" He rolls his eyes at the nickname but inclines his head slightly. I wrap my arm around his waist turn us invisible and fly us away from the Manor and toward the city. I can tell that Damian enjoys the flight, it's my favorite power, there's nothing like the freedom of flying. We make it to the Gotham City and spot a carnival. That's a good place to start. I'll show Dami exactly what it means to have fun. I land in an alleyway and shift us back into the visible spectrum and say "alright Dami we're going to the carnival, ready?" He looks unsure but tries to hide it and says "tt, I suppose." I grin and sling my arm around his shoulders and we make our way into the crowd.

We eat junk food, and ride every ride, and play a few games. Of course Damian had to confront one of the vendors about cheating, which he was. but still. Threatening to shove a sword where the sun don't shine, well, we ended up having to run away when security was called, the last thing we needed was them demanding to know who we are and calling Bruce.

We decide to walk around the City and see some of the sites, when we spot a small arcade that had some of the classic games and even some new ones. We spent hours there just goofing off. I even heard a laugh or two out of Damian. We decided to wrap it up and go home, eh I mean back to Wayne Manor, the plan was to rent some movies online and pig out on some more junk food, of course that was before we were walking behind a warehouse so we wouldn't be seen disappearing. That was the plan until we heard a commotion and what sounded like someone taking a beating from inside the warehouse. What is it with criminals and warehouses anyway?

We looked at each other and nod. I shift into Phantom and levitate us until we could look into the window toward the top of the building. From our vantage point we could see a group of thugs beating another man on the floor, a crate of automatic rifles not far from them. I glance at Damian out of the corner of my eye and say "looks like a deal gone bad, someone doesn't want to pay up." He nods in agreement. I turn back to the thugs and say "I'm going in, I'm going to knock them out then call the police to deal with it." " You stay here." He opens his mouth to protest. So I say quickly "those are automatic riffles down there, I can stay intangible, so I won't get shot." "I need you to keep a lookout in case things go sideways." He doesn't look happy but reluctantly agrees. I make sure he's safely in the window and let him go.

I reach out with my powers and disrupt the electrical flow, causing the lights to flicker. I hear shouts of alarm and let out an eerie cackle, that sounds haunting with my echo. I fly down into the chaos and start knocking out thugs, I stay intangible just in case bullets start flying. I don't see anyone still standing, so I take another look around and drop my intangibility. I missed one of the thugs cowering behind a crate, however. Just as he stands and raises a gun to shoot me, Damian jumps down and knocks him in the back of the head with a piece of board. We make short work of tying them up, and call the police. I grin and look at Damian and say "well that was a fun way to end our day, now let's get out of here, before anyone realizes we're missing." I see Damian glance at something behind me and can tell behind his sunglasses his eyes are wide. I hear a gravelly deep voice say "too late."

You know how criminal shiver in fear at the very mention of Batman?

Yeah there's a reason for that. I turn around slowly look up into the black cowl and say with a nervous chuckle

"hey, Bats."