"Confrontation"

The remaining pack of wargs kept looking at you nervously. They didn't want to challenge you after seeing what did you do just a few minutes ago. But the orcs were desperate to have Thorin's head on the plate, so they forced their wargs to move forward.

You eyed them lowering your head baring your teeth while the dwarves were getting ready to defend themselves. The fight was on...

Bilbo was in the center, looking around, panicking. He hoped that dwarves and you could hold your ground and nobody would get hurt. Suddenly he realized that Gandalf wasn't there. 

Where was he? 

Vicious snarl snapped his thoughts back to the present, and he whipped his head to look at your way and gasped at what he was seeing.

"Amrâlimê!" Thorin shouted frantically as he swayed his sword at the incoming orc. Dwalin had to deal with his opponent, as were Fili and Kili. 

But all Bilbo could see were you wrestling with a big and nasty looking warg  40 feet away from the rest of the group.

Without even a warning growl you snapped your jaws into the warg's neck and tried to bite through the skin folds of the animal so you could get your over 4 inches long canines deep into the warm blood of the jugular.

The fight was fierce and primitive. 

Bilbo watched it with a terrified look on his face and hold his breath, hoping that your bite would hold. He didn't want to imagine what would happen if the warg could get away from your grip.

 Also, Thorin was watching your battle against the warg with a fearful expression on his face. This was exactly what he was always so scared of. To have to watch as his beloved fought for her life right in front of him. 

But just as he was about to rush in and help, you got the upper hand. With a violent yank of your head and shoulders, you threw the warg on its back. Then you kept biting to get through that tough hide which was protecting its neck.

You could have as well attack against a dragon, that tough the hide was, but nothing would stop you now.

 This warg was much older than the previous wary, which you didn't have any trouble with killing. 

But this old warg's skin was much, much tougher, earning a frustrated growl from you but finally, your teeth sank through the skin causing a pained holler from the warg. 

Just a few seconds later blood-jet smudged your chest again and Thorin knew the warg was dead.

You were so furious that you lifted the warg by its neck and shook the dead body like a rag-doll, letting out your frustration before letting it drop to your feet. Panting heavily, you locked eyes with your next opponent.

But before you could charge forward, Gandalf's voice boomed through the air and everyone, including you, turned to look behind. 

"This way you fools!"

Thorin wasted no more time and ran to the hole at the feet of an enormous boulder. 

"Quickly! All of you!" he ordered and kept watch as everyone slid down to safety. 

You and Kili were the only ones left. 

"Kili! Amrâlimê! Move!" Thorin shouted and whirled around when one of the wargs tried to sneak upon him.

You barked at Kili, who turned on his heels and started running toward his uncle. You weren't so far behind but suddenly pained yelp escaped from you as a soft thud echoed through the air, telltale sign as something hard had hit the flesh.

The next thing that Thorin saw was you falling to the ground and sand and hay puffed around you. 

"NO!" Thorin screamed and Kili turned to look behind him. 

"Auntie!" Kili yelled, horrified.

You were lying on the grass and Thorin could feel the vomit rising in his throat. For a second he turned his head ready to throw up but still hoping that the sick feeling would settle while his heart was about to burst through his chest because of the sheer pain he was suddenly feeling as he was sure his One had died in front of his eyes.

Orcs were shouting, cheering as they watched as the great silver-white wolf fell to the ground. She-wolf had killed two of their wargs, but their arrow was enough to stop the beast. Now they would skin it in front of the King under the mountain and feed its flesh to the wargs.

The sight made Kili freeze where he had stopped to turn around. In his ears, he could still hear your yelp as you fell. The orcs sounded like they had won a war. 

He had to close his eyes. 

He just couldn't believe that a single arrow from an orc was enough to bring you down. 

Suddenly the voices of the orcs changed from victorious to disappointed and angry.

Both Thorin and Kili turned to look at what caused that. You were on your feet and running. The sand was flying from beneath your powerful paws and orcs shot their arrows. 

With a single bark, you got Kili moving again, and he slipped through the hole to the safety of the cave. Next, you jumped in headfirst landing to your side with a whimper and Thorin was quick to follow. 

You stood up slowly, panting and holding your left hind leg up from the ground as the fur on your pelvis turned dark red. The arrow had hit to the spot just between your haunch and pelvis. Fili stepped beside you, giving you reassuring stroke, and gazed to your eyes. You knew what he would do, so you turned your head away from him and with a soft whine gave him your permission. But because you were so tall, Dwalin came to help Fili. 

He lifted Fili as high as he could so Fili could get his hands on to the arrow. Fili placed his right arm on your back and with his left hand grabbed the arrow. He took a deep breath, tensed his muscles in his arm, and yanked hard. That made you growl viciously, but you didn't turn to bite him. Oin came next to you as you lay down so he could get a better look at the wound because he would not allow Dwalin to lift him up. 

"You'll live lass..." he then said with a warm smile on his lips as he tended you as best as he could. You poked the tip of your tongue out and whined quietly.

Thorin came in front of you and looked at you with the pained expression on his face. Ori and Bilbo were looking from behind Dori and Nori in awe at your size once again. Even when you were lying down your head was above Thorin's as he was standing in front of you. 

"Oh, my....am I glad she's on our side....." Bilbo whispered and Ori couldn't do more than a nod.

Thorin closed the slight distance between you and buried his face into your neck. 

" I thought I lost you...my heart stopped at that very moment when I saw you falling," he whispered with a raspy voice and gripping to your fur even more tightly. You lowered your head, resting your chin on his shoulder and closing your eyes.

There was a sudden commotion outside as the sound of the horn alerted everyone and orcs ran away. One orc, however, fell into the cave and everyone was on their guard in a second. Thorin let go of you and turned to look at the orc. 

He took the arrow off its body and examined it. His expression changed as he spatted. 

"Elves!"