New rival

Thorin was sitting by the fireplace at late afternoon in his chambers reading never-ending demands of the dwarf lords that were unhappy Mahal knows what when he heard the door being opened and closed. Lifting his gaze from the parchment, he waited until his loving gaze landed on your slender human form. You were wearing a cobalt blue sleeveless gown made of chiffon; the bottom was a ball gown style; the bodice had ivory beads decorating it with a unique style making it look royal and behind you linked with your elbows was royal blue slightly darker than your gown, chiffon scarf. Your long wavy hair braided with some crystals on them and Thorin's handmade delicate sapphire necklace was shining around your neck.

In his eyes, you looked like a born queen, although the coronation was still two weeks away you had learned the role of a ruler very quickly. Thorin's soft smile grew little wider as he watched you approaching him, the heels clopping on the stone floor.

"There you are love, I have been looking for you everywhere" you purred sitting on his lap when Thorin discarded the parchments onto the small side table next to him to give you room. Chuckling he rubbed his fingers on the skin of your arms.

"What a coincidence, because I have been avoiding my council members in every turn," his deep, smooth voice made you lean forward to kiss the tip of his nose.

"That ain't so kingly behaviour now is it?" you giggled as Thorin shifted so you would be able to be more comfortable in his lap.

"No, but they have been testing my patience too much recently," Thorin hummed while pecking your cheek as his hands roamed on your back soothingly.

"Oh, the nerve..." you growled with a low tone of voice letting your wolf side to lash out a little causing Thorin's skin to turn into goosebumps.

"Don't do that givashel," Thorin whispered against your neck his hand slowly making its way up to the back of your head.

"Do what?"

"Use your wolf voice...you know what that does to me," Thorin said with hushed tone making you smirk and giving him a side glance your eyes flashed mischievously. Leaning forward your lips were only inches away from his ear as you snarled to him deliberately.

"And that fact makes me wanna misbehave,"

Shivers went through his spine earning a feral growl of his own emerging from the back of his throat and suddenly gripping your ass he lifted you up and briskly walked to his bedchambers.

"You are not resting anytime soon amrâlimê," he smirked tossing you onto his bed while you licked your lips a smirk of your own dancing on your face as you watched how Thorin unbuckled his belt and throwing his tunic on the floor exposing his muscular chest covered by dark curly hair.

"Wasn't planning to," you merely hummed locking eyes with him when Thorin crawled on top of you and saying nothing attacked your exposed neck causing you to gasp.

"Good," Thorin purred nipping your pulse point and that was the last thing you heard before Thorin made sure you knew why exactly he was the king under the mountain.

It was nearly midnight when Thorin was lying on the bed reading, the only sounds in the bedchambers were the cracking sounds of the fire and your soft, steady breathing as you slept peacefully at his side. It had been a long time since you two had the change to be intimately together if Thorin's memory served him it was just before they reached The Shire. After that you two were able, if lucky enough, share a few affectionate and passionate kisses and cuddles but that was about it. Tonight was proof just how much he had missed you and the deep, primal connection you two shared.