"When everything falls apart"

Thorin wasn't happy about the fact that elves had saved their butts. 

At the same time, Dwalin walked a little further down the cave and noticed that there was a path but couldn't see where it was leading. 

" I cannot see where the path release! Do we follow it or not?"

" Follow it, of course!" Bofur said and everyone started following. 

" I think that would be wise..." Gandalf whispered. 

Thorin glanced at Gandalf before turning his attention back to you. 

"The path is too narrow for your wolf's form love, " he breathed earning a little huff from you before you turned into your human form and it was then that the pain hit you at its full force. Groaning, you collapsed on your knees and Thorin was quickly at your side. 

" Come now... I'll carry you." He lifted you with ease like you were light as a feather and started walking, catching up the rest of the group.

Bilbo and Ori peeked now and then over their shoulders, looking worried that would you really be okay. To a wolf, that kind of wound wasn't that much of a deal, but to a human, it was serious. You buried your face in Thorin's raven black hair and tried not to think about the extreme pain that ran through your entire body. Once in awhile, Thorin pressed loving and a soft kiss on top of your head trying to comfort you.

Finally, you got out from the narrow path to the steps next to a waterfall and the site further in the distance was beautiful. Bilbo stopped and was looking at the view in front of him in awe.

Everybody stopped at the top of the steps that were leading down and when Thorin realized where they were, it exasperated his expression. 

You took a glimpse at where you were and your eyes widened.

Had Gandalf lost his mind? To lead Thorin's company to the very people's doorsteps that he despised?

"The Valley of Imladris. The common tongue, it's known by another name." Gandalf spoke as he stepped out from the narrow path to stand behind Bilbo and Thorin. 

"Rivendell," Bilbo whispered enchanted expression on his face.

"Here lies the last homely house eastern sea," Gandalf said looking ahead fond smile on his face when Thorin turned around to look at him and he wasn't happy.

"This was your plan all along. To seek refuge from our enemy." Thorin whispered angrily, clasping you against his chest.

"You don't have enemies here, Thorin Oakenshield. Only ill-willed is to find that what you bring yourself." Gandalf scolded Thorin, annoyed by Thorin's current attitude.

"Do you think the elves would give for our quest their blessing? They'll try to stop us." Thorin snapped, while your eyes rolled white in their sockets.  

Thorin failed to notice that you were getting worse.

"Of course they will. But we have questions that need to be answered. And she needs their healing powers. She's getting worse." Gandalf pointed out and Thorin turned his gaze to you with an alarmed look. 

"Ghivashel...?" 

You didn't answer because you had lost your consciousness a little while ago and were now limp in his arms.

  "Amrâlimê?!" Thorin was panicking, which caused Dwalin and Balin to turn around and look in his direction. 

"What's the matter Thorin?" Balin asked starting to worry.

  "She's not responding..." Thorin fell to his knees shaking you gently trying desperately to wake you.

"Love, come on gimlelul...open your eyes..."

Fili and Kili rushed to their uncle's side, looking horrified. 

"Aunt?" Kili said kneeling down and when he got no answer, he turned to look at his brother who was pale as a ghost.

 "OIN! Come here! NOW!" Thorin shouted, fighting against the panic rising in his chest and tears that forming in his eyes. He couldn't lose you, not now, not like this!

Whatever happened in the next couple of hours were a haze to him, he barely noticed when Gandalf had taken you in his arms from Thorin's lap because what Oin had frantically repeated that you needed aid and you needed it now. 

Gandalf had rushed toward Rivendell rest of the company trying to keep up. He didn't remember when Gandalf had a talk with Elrond, who then had guided them into the infirmary. 

You were barely hanging on.

Fili was in the training area swinging his swords wildly against the practice target repeatedly. When he had seen your limp body in his uncle's arms, it terrified him. His heart had almost stopped beating. And he remembered that all he could think was that he would lose you the same way that he had lost his father, suddenly without a warning. 

He loved you, he really did, like a second mother and he was now trying so desperately to distract himself but it wasn't working. He kept seeing your pale face from lack of blood, the dark red spot in your hip, where the arrow had hit, and Thorin's panicked state. Kili was right there next to him looking at him trying to find some comfort from him you would be okay, but Fili couldn't give him that, he couldn't give his little brother anything. 

He froze, like a scared little dwarfling when he had learned that his father had died.

Fili dropped his swords to the ground, falling to his knees and buried his face into his hands. He sobbed, feeling suddenly very lonely and cold.

Kili was wandering around the gardens of Rivendell. He had been crying non-stopped ever since Gandalf had taken you to the healers. Elrond had said that given your injuries, it wasn't certain that you would survive. If the elves weren't able to save you... 

Kili stopped right there before the thought could cross his mind any further and took a trembling breath. 

No. 

You would be okay, you had to; you were his aunt, his sister, his second mother. He could not lose you.

He sat down to the nearby bench and looked up to the darkening sky. He was feeling utterly lost, so alone. Letting his tears fall down on his cheeks, Kili silently prayed for Mahal to save you.

Thorin was sitting on the balcony, pipe in his hands. He stared into nothingness, barely noticing the horrible ache in his chest. He was coming numb to his feelings. 

That was his defense mechanism. The thought was too painful. He couldn't think the possibility that he would have to continue this quest without you, to reclaim Erebor without you, to live his life without you. 

That wasn't an option for him. 

You were his One and if he lost you, he would lose his heart, his very reason for existence to this world.

He wasn't aware that Balin had sat down next to him, taking out his own pipe. 

"According to the elven healers she should be fine, but needs time to heal and regain her strength. That was a very close call. " He whispered and puffed a cloud of smoke from the corner of his mouth. 

Thorin closed his eyes when hearing that and covered his face with his free hand. 

"Thank Mahal..." 

That was all he could whisper before he broke down and Balin was there that night, giving his king and friend silent support and comfort.