"You came back"

Thorin glared at the Elven King Thranduil as he walked around Thorin all high and mighty, trying to annoy the dwarf king and it was working.

"Some may imagine that a noble quest is at hand. A quest to reclaim a homeland and slay a dragon. I myself suspect a more prosaic motive: attempted burglary, or something of that ilk," Thranduil spoke sauntering behind Thorin to stand beside him and tilting his head ever so slightly to the side looking Thorin's face smug expression on his face.

"You have found a way in. You seek that which would bestow upon you the right to rule: the King's Jewel, the Arkenstone. It is precious to you beyond measure. I understand that. There are gems in the mountain that I too desire. White gems of pure starlight. I offer you my help,"

Thorin chuckled quietly, looking down before lifting his gaze toward the Elven King smirk dancing on his lips. This pompous elf didn't know what he was talking about, the only thing in this whole world that he treasured beyond measure was gone and the only reason he was still on this quest, was to reclaim Erebor so dwarves would yet again live there where they should have lived the past 60 years. Once that was done, Thorin was finished with this world for good. There was nothing for him anymore.

"I'm listening,"

"I will let you go, if you but return what is mine," Thranduil said with low tone looking seriously at Thorin who more than amused by this situation.

"A favor for a favor," he said turning around and walked to the edge of the platform where they were standing.

"You have my word. One king to another,"

When Thorin heard Thranduil's answer, he stopped walking still back on him while he started to speak, and as he speaks his voice was getting louder and louder with every word that was dripping from his lips.

"I would not trust Thranduil, the great king, to honor his word should the end of all days be upon us!" Thorin then turned around pointing at Thranduil shouting, who was now visibly shaken by Thorin's outburst.

"You lack all honor! I've seen how you treat your friends. We came to you once, starving, homeless, seeking your help, but you turned your back. You turned away from the suffering of my people and the inferno that destroyed us!"

Thranduil tried to compose himself before Thorin could continue but the next line that the dwarf king said shook him to the core and anger set him off.

"Imrid amrad ursul!"

Thranduil leaped forward, looking at Thorin, growling angrily pushing his face right in front of Thorins.

"Do not talk to me about dragon fire. I know its wrath and ruin. I have faced the great serpents of the north."

As Thranduil spoke his face contorted and Thorin could suddenly see his burned and scarred face which told a tale of its own when the elven king had encountered the dragons in the past. His left eye was milky and unseeing and then he drew back his face becoming normal again.

"I warned your grandfather of what his greed would summon, but he would not listen," the elven king said turning away from Thorin and slowly walked up the steps to his throne and motioned with his hand and the two guards grabbed Thorin from each side hauling him toward the dungeons.

"You are just like him. Stay here if you will and rot. A hundred years is a mere blink in the life of an elf. I am patient. I can wait."

Thorin was thrown into the cell beside the others and his jailer walked away saying nothing with a ring of jangling keys.