Dungeons of Mirkwood

Thorin didn't listen much about what their strategy was once they were leaving Beorn's house, he just went where ever Gandalf told them to go. He was so wrapped up in his own grief that he failed to see that Fili was in much worse shape than he was.

Kili tried to be on his brother's side and offer comfort, but it was hard when he was also grieving and missing you so much. Beorn offered the company some ponies so they would get to Mirkwood faster.

As everyone steered their ponies after Gandalf, Thorin looked one last time at the plain where you still were lying, it was a little odd that your body hadn't yet decayed but he didn't have time to think about that and so he turned his pony around following his men away from the house.

Beorn looked after them for a while before turning and walking toward you. Kneeling beside you, he stroke your side gently, smiling a little.

"Alright little one, let's get you somewhere more comfortable,"

Dwarves were riding as fast as they could across the land, finally slowing down when they approached a looming, gloomy-looking forest. Bilbo seemed skeptical about entering the forest and some of the dwarves were agreeing to his point of view. Gandalf dismounted from his horse and walked into the edge of the forest through an ancient archway.

"The Elven Gate," he muttered and turned around to call the others.

"Here lies our path through Mirkwood,"

"No sign of the Orcs. We have luck on our side," Dwalin spoke as he dismounted from his pony and looked upon the gateway. Thorin remained quiet as he jumped off from his pony and walked in front of the gate looking around. As Gandalf told the company to let the ponies go, Bilbo approached the forest on foot.

"This forest feels...sick as if disease lies upon it. Is there no way around?"

"Not unless we go two hundred miles north, or twice that distance south," Gandalf answered to Bilbo's question as he walked little further into the shadows and approached a plant-covered statue.

At the same time, Bilbo was standing on his own looking like he's thinking about something and without really realizing it, reaches into his pocket but was startled by Gandalf who rushed from the forest in haste.

"Not my horse! I need it!" he shouted to Nori who was about to unsaddle the horse.

Everyone looked up and were murmuring to each other quite surprised when Bilbo stepped little forward and looked concerned.

"You're not leaving us?"

Wizard glanced up to Thorin who was silent as a mute, only glaring at Gandalf irritated, then turned his attention to Bilbo.

"I would not do this unless I had to,"

Gandalf shouted his final advice from the horse's back as he steers it to a full gallop. The company and Bilbo looked after the wizard when Thorin finally spoke up hoarsely.

"Come on. We must reach the mountain before the sun sets on Durin's Day,"

"Durin's Day. Let's go!" Dwalin ushered everybody to follow Thorin into Mirkwood.

They followed the paved path that started at the Elven Gate but at some point, the path took a turn on the corner. As the dwarves and Bilbo kept following the path through the forest, it twisted and turned over all sorts of terrain such as bare ground, high ledges, fallen tree trunks.

Dwalin had taken the lead and thumped the handle of his hammer on the ground in order to find the paving stones of the trail.

"This way,"