Enter Dain Ironfoot

Early in the morning, you lay down on the stone wall looking ahead as the plain in front of the Mountain was covered in legions of Elves and Men, armed for battle. You could see, the dwarves were also prepared for it, as they watched the scene from above the gate blockade.

"You remember your role, mellon, if this doesn't go as they're planning?" Gandalf breathed as he was standing on the pathway looking at the armies in front of him. Although his voice wasn't more than a whisper, he knew you could hear him. The quiet bark was all the answer he needed from you and nodding his head walked aiming to reach the front of the armies.

Thranduil and Bard rode side by side to the front of the armies and approached their side of the broken bridge over the moat. As Thorin watched them approaching from above the blockade, he then drew a bow and shot an arrow at the ground in front of Thranduil and Bard, who immediately halt in surprise. Thranduil glanced at the spot where the arrow had hit and then lifted his gaze up and looked at Thorin.

"I will put the next one between your eyes!" Thorin shouted as he drew the bow again and the dwarves next to him cheered and shook their weapons.

Thranduil stared at Thorin angrily, then slightly tilted his head. And instantly, several rows of elves near the front of the army pulled out their bows, nocked their arrows, and aimed at the dwarves, all in one fluid motion. The dwarves' cheering cut off abruptly as all of them but Thorin ducked behind the ramparts. After holding the pose for a few seconds, Thranduil then raised his hand and the elves easily put away their arrows, although Thorin still had his bow drawn.

"We've come to tell you, payment of your debt has been offered...and accepted," Thranduil spoke calmly as he kept his eyes on Thorin's face.

"What payment? I gave you nothing! You have nothing!" Thorin shouted angrily at Thranduil who smiled slightly and shifted his gaze to Bard who had been on his horse beside him, watching silently.

"We have this," Bard said and reached into his robe and pulled out the Arkenstone, holding it above his head.

Thorin's expression changed in a second as he stared at the Arkenstone in Bard's hand, shocked while lowering his bow. You had been watching all of this on your post but you knew that once Thorin discovers who had given the stone to Thranduil and Bard, all hell would break loose and you stood up shaking your fur and jumped off the wall making silently, slowly your way toward the gates getting ready for another confrontation with your lover.

Kili was the first one to talk as he couldn't believe that their enemy had the stone that belonged to them.

"They have the Arkenstone? Thieves! How came you by the heirloom of our house? That stone belongs to the king!" he shouted, anger clear in his tired face.

"And the king may have it–in our good will," Bard said as he tossed the stone into the air, catching it and putting it back into his robe.

"But first he must honor his word," he added, lowering his voice, keeping his eyes fixed on the dwarves above him.

Thorin looked down turning his head slightly whispering to himself but the dwarves nearest to him could still hear him.

"They are taking us for fools. This is a ruse, a filthy lie,"

Balin looked at Thorin shocked as he realized that his friend's, his king's mental state had deteriorated to where he would even consider this but before he can say his opinion on the matter Thorin opened his mouth again.

"THE ARKENSTONE IS IN THIS MOUNTAIN! IT IS A TRICK!" his voice boomed across the plains all the way to your ears and you knew you were running out of time, as you had seen Bilbo making his way back to the mountain early in the morning when everyone was still sleeping.