You danced with the devil

Navubela was shivering in the darkness, timidly trying to get a bearing of her surroundings, listening if the wolf who almost bit her head off was still around. But she heard nothing, only the dripping sound of water drops hitting the wet rocks and the occasional blowing wind howling in the tunnels. Whimpering, she curled up in the corner, hoping someone would come and find her.

"So you're still alive," the quiet, throaty voice came from the darkness scaring the dwarrowdam half to death and jumping to her feet focused her eyes dead ahead.

"Please... get me out of here," Navubela begged, her voice sounding brittle as she stood, her feet shaking so badly she hardly could stand properly.

"Give me one good reason to do so," the voice low and flat asked as it came nearer.

"I won't tell anyone... Just.... don't leave me here," Navubela sniffled watching as you emerged from the darkness in your human form.

"Oh, now where's the fun in that?" you sneered coming to a halt in few feet away from her in front of a pond.

"In fact...Thorin and I will let you and your family live in Erebor, with one condition," you hummed turning sideways starting to walk slowly around the little pool between you two.

"What is the condition?" Navubela cautiously asked eyeing you weary.

"You and your family won't come after Thorin ever again, as we speak your mother and father are signing a document swearing utter, blind allegiance toward the king," you explained causing her to visibly tremble.

"No...," she whispered.

"I beg your pardon?" you stopped staring at her ice-cold manner that could scare the living hell of anyone.

Navubela lifted her gaze to your face and you could see the rising defiance in her eyes. Wiping her eyes she took a step forward fisting her hands.

"No, they are never gonna do that, the throne belongs to my family, my family and we won't let it go just like that," Navubela spoke, her voice grave, eyes full of fire as if she had a sudden burst of strength and confidence.

Tilting your head you thought for a moment how stupid this girl was. She just practically confessed to you that she and her family would come after the king's right to rule, his throne and would stop at nothing before they were on the throne.

"You do realize what you just did?" you snarled feeling malicious as the adrenaline was pumping through your veins your eyes locked on hers.

"What did I do?" Navubela asked her chin held high as she smiled haughtily looking at you as if she didn't fear you anymore.

"Most stupid mistake in your life, you gave the king and me the reason to get rid of you and your family," you chuckled darkly wetting your lips.

"I admit, you had a weak moment and your parents took advantage of that filling your head with dreams that would never come true. They made you believe the beautiful little fiction, that love and affection would come cheap from him," your voice turning honeyed, like a purr as you walked around the pond keeping eye on her, watching her facial expressions turning from cocky to sour.

"But now it is over....one more mistake, and Thorin will have your head," you growled at her, warning her not to do or say anything more.

"No, he won't, he loves me! You're a devil!!" she screamed back.

"Aye...and you danced with the devil," you grinned wickedly.

"I'll make you pay for this," Navubela tried tears streaming down on her cheeks frustration and anger dancing in her eyes but you were unfazed by her tantrum getting rather bored by it.