Light in the darkness

"They cannot fight on two fronts. Now we make our move," Azog spoke with a gruff, deep voice, smirking and using his black speech ordering his troops to attack.

As the horn sound and signaling device changed again, another legion of orcs that had been waiting for the signal turned and marched toward Dale, which was between the current battle and the tunnels.

"Azog - he's trying to cut us off," Gandalf stated looking anxiously the orc army advancing toward Dale with massive trolls, each large enough to carry multiple wooden structures such as catapults on their back, marching toward the city.

"To the city! Bilbo! This way!" Gandalf shouted to the hobbit who looked at you for a moment concerned before following Gandalf, Bard, and the Lake people, in hopes of intercept the orcs.

"What about her?" Bilbo asked as he was running behind the wizard.

"Oh, she'll be fine, I think Dain will need her help anyway, because of Thorin isn't much of help," wizard answered breathlessly as he ran as fast as he could. In his mind, he hoped that the dwarven king would come soon to his senses. They would need every available and skilled warrior to win this battle.

The monstrous trolls approached the city and stopped at a rise overlooking Dale. They bend over and planted all four legs on the ground, thus making their backs horizontal. On their backs were catapults loaded with large rocks and orcs on the trolls' back winded up the gears of the catapults.

At the signal from their leader orc, who struck the ground with his mace, the catapults released their cargo, sending the rocks flew toward Dale. They smashed into the walls and towers, destroying everything they hit.

Bard, at the front of his army, rode across a bridge into Dale, while the orc army approached the wall from another area. A troll with a giant triangle-shaped rock strapped to his head ran up to the wall and smashed into it headfirst, knocking it down and knocking himself out.

The rocs behind the troll rushed into the city through the hole entering the houses starting to kill every human that crossed their path mercilessly. Screaming townspeople started running away from the orc army, panic rising among them quickly as everyone tried to flee with their lives.

You were fighting against a tidal wave of orcs and your white silver fur was looking like you had taken a bath in a pond full of blood. Glancing over your shoulder you had seen Gandalf and the people running toward the city but you knew they needed you here, to help dwarves to defend their land even if Thorin and his company would not join in the fight.

Growling viciously you charged forward biting one of the advancing orc's head clean off turning to attack the next one who tried to mash his weapon into the nearby dwarf warrior's skull sinking your teeth through his armor like a hot knife cut butter and with one powerful motion of your jaws you broke the orc's spine in half. The sound of the backbone breaking between your teeth and the orc's blood-freezing shrieking because of the colossal amount of pain echoed through the air, sending chills through even the most experienced warrior's mind.

Standing in front of the four dwarven warriors who needed to take a breather you protected them keeping your head low baring your teeth snarling oncoming orcs making sure you were between them and the orcs, the inside of your mouth was feeling sticky and your breath was smelly because of all the orc blood, you didn't know if you would ever get rid of the foul taste of it from your tongue.

Turning your head, you saw Dain smashing orcs like straws out of his way with his hammer and cursing out loud. You made brief eye contact with him; he nodded his head, and you did the same and then turned your attention back to the orcs. Back of your mind, you thought as you closed your eyes, this was a good day to die, the only regret was the way you and Thorin had parted ways.