Chapter 1

A/N- Hey guys! First of all, thank you for starting my story! This is my first fan fiction, and I hope you all enjoy it! I will try to update once a week, but that may change down the road. 

This is a Mclennon and Beatles fan  story, and will have some slash.

AND BY THE WAY, a lot of the stuff in this story is completely historically inaccurate. Some dates are wrong, and all plot is fiction, (as far as we know, lol), I assure you, I know my Beatles facts. Things are just different for the plot. :)

I have planned out a lot of this story, and am really enjoying myself! I truly hope you like this, and I'll shut up now. Thank you all! I love each and every one of you.

- - - -

1960

The sound of the front door slamming rang through the young man's ears. Paul ran down the driveway and into the pouring rain. The boy's father swung open the door once again, and yelled after his eldest son as he began to run. 

"JAMES PAUL MCCARTNEY. YOU NEVER COME BACK. YOU HEAR ME? DON'T FUCKING COME BACK HERE!!" Jim McCartney bellowed after his son.

 Paul ran down about 2 blocks, and then stopped to catch his breath. Tears were running  quickly down his face, and soon the rain had drenched his clothes. 

"Shit." The bassist cursed under his breath. What the hell do I do now?  Paul thought to himself.

 The young boy began running once again, and soon found himself standing at a familiar doorstep, and knocking on an all too  familiar door. 

"Paul? What are you doing here? It's 11pm!" John asked, and Paul began to cry once again. "Macca! Shit Paul, what happened?"

The older boy quickly ushered the distressed one into his flat, and sat him down on the old and lumpy couch. John found a blanket and wrapped it around Paul, who by now was attempting to choke back his sobs.

"Paul, hey Paulie, listen to me. It's okay. You're okay." John comforted the doe-eyed boy. The two musicians were now sitting next to each other, John facing Paul, and the latter looking ahead of him, barely ever blinking. 

"H-He kicked m-me out, John. I...I can't go b-back. I don't have a home! A-and Mike! Oh, Mikey! I-I.." Paul stuttered out, still staring ahead of him.

"Oh Paul! It's okay. Everything is going to be okay. Mike will be fine. Don't worry Paulie." John threw his arms around his friend and held him tightly.

"I-I'm sorry John. I shouldn't have intruded on you...your space." Paul apologized timidly. 

"Paul. Don't apologize. Everything is okay." John reassured, finally pulling away from their long embrace. "You'll stay here with me until we've figured this out."

"O..Oh John! Thank you. T-Thank you so much." Paul declared with eyes full of sorrow.

"Don't worry about it, okay?" John said, and smiled warmly at his friend. John hated seeing Paul like this, and he knew just how badly it hurt Paul when his father was being like this. Jim McCartney could be a fine father, that is when he's sober. Which unfortunately wasn't very often. "C'mon, Paulie. Let's get you into bed. You need rest." John stated strongly.

"O-Okay. Thank you." Paul replied.

John walked Paul to his bedroom, and retrieved a pair of pajamas from his dresser that he then handed over to his younger friend. Paul walked out of John's room and into the bathroom. 

Get over it. You're used to this. You need to be stronger...You're just weak. Paul said to himself as he stared at his sad reflection. 

Paul swiftly changed into his borrowed sleep clothes, and then retreated back into his friends room. Paul found the auburn haired boy setting up an array of blankets and pillows on the floor next to the twin bed. When John noticed Paul's presence, he quickly jumped up and helped Paul over to his bed. 

"John, I'm good on the floor. You've done enough. Don't give me your bed." Paul attempted to convince the older boy.

"Macca, it's not up for discussion." John stated with a  small grin tugging at the sides of his mouth. "Now shut up and go to sleep Paulie. You need it. We'll talk about this in the morning, yeah?"

"Yeah. Thank you John." Paul answered groggily while climbing into John's bed, and the latter going over to his makeshift sleeping arrangement on the carpet.

"'Night Macca."

"Goodnight John." 

- - - - 

A/N: Ahhh! The first chapter! I know it's short guys, and i'm really sorry. Things will get so much better soon! I hope you guys enjoyed that... Please comment any criticism or advice! Again, I love you  all. 

Peace & Love :)

- Emily <3