Chapter 10

- - - -

{THIRD PERSON}

Stuart and John were hanging out at the latter's flat, talking about how they were going to go and get themselves back to Germany. Paul had gone out to check on Mike, and therefore was not in the house.

"Let's just head back once George turns 18. It's only about a month away." Stuart suggested while shifting his position on John's couch.

"Guess your right. It'll be nice t' have some time to work on writing, maybe we'll perform some of our own stuff this time." John pointed out.

"Bet that clubbie guy will hire us again?"

"Definitely not."

John and Stu continued their conversation for about another thirty minutes, when Paul returned from his visit to his brother.

"Hiya Macca!" John jumped up when the front door opened to reveal a smiling Paul.

"Hey Johnny. Oh, hullo Stuart." Paul noticed the other man in the sitting room.

"McCartney." Stu nodded.

"Well I'll let you finish your conversation..." Paul trailed off and started to head off to his bedroom, which he never actually used since he always shared with John.

"No, lov- Macca!" John caught himself from using Paul's pet name in front of Stu. "No, Macca, you can stay."

Stu didn't seem to notice the near slip-up, thankfully. "Well McCartney if you have somethin' to do you can go..."

"Oh, no I don't have anything to do, but if you lads wanna talk alone I can leave." Paul offered, feeling Stuart's eyes bore into his.

Two things were said at once:

"Of course you can stay!"

"Okay! You can go then!"

Stu and John both then whipped their heads around to face each other.

"Stuart, he can stay, or is there a problem?" John started to stand up for his obviously uncomfortable secret boyfriend.

"No. No problem at all. I better go then." And with that Stuart left the flat.

"Now whatever was that 'bout?" John stood up and walked over to the slightly shorter man.

"I dunno. We've never gotten along, I guess." Paul wrapped his arms around the other's torso.

"Hm. Well I hope that changes. He's missing out." John placed a kiss on the top of Paul's soft hair.

"Love you, Johnny."

"Love you too, Macca."

- - - -

All was the same.

The clubs.

The drugs.

The alcohol.

And oh, so much alcohol.

Hamburg hasn't changed, but George had. He was now 18, a legal adult. Germany still wanted nothing to do with the 5 boys who broke their laws, but the young Beatles got themselves back into the country, somehow.

John was once again performing, obviously, and Paul had used his talents to get themselves gigs and a room. Or, should I say closet. Yes, got themselves a closet. The room was even smaller than their previous one, but it didn't really matter to the five musicians, for they weren't in their room much anyways.

"Nice job tonight, lads! The sound was gear!" George complimented whilst walking behind the 4 older boys into the back room of the club's stage.

"Yeah!" Paul agreed and clapped George on the shoulder.

"Hey fellas, so I was thinkin' about stayin for a drink tonight, you lads wanna stay with?" John offered.

"Sure!" Both Paul and Stu exclaimed simultaneously, resulting in Paul getting a glare from Stuart.

"Gear! Georgie, ya in?"

"Why not, Johnny!" George replied.

"Pete, wanna join?" John turned to the last band member, who had remained silent since they finished their set.

"Nah." Pete walked out of the dimly lit 'dressing room'.

"Come 'ed! Lets get hammered!" John yelled and ran out of the room.

Oh, Johnny. Paul laughed to himself.

The boys found themselves a table that sat about 6 people. It was a pretty good seat, near the middle and with a good view of the stage. The boys had decided to watch some of the other groups and take notes on some self-improvements. The first group to go up was called 'Rory Storm and the Hurricanes'.

"Hey, they're not half bad." John commented while keeping his eyes locked on the performers in front of him.

"They're alright, but say, their drummer is fantastic!" George noticed the seemingly energized and happy young man playing the drums.

"He's really good!" Paul agreed.

"I bet that their drummer doesn't ditch them constantly." Stuart said somewhat coldly.

"Mhm." The other three agreed.

The group finished their set, and all split up in the audience.

"Hey, lets get him over here." George decided and waved down the opposing drummer.

"Hiya!" Stuart exclaimed. "I'm Stuart Sutcliffe."

The man seemed somewhat surprised to be being introduced to people so quickly.

"Oh, uhm, hello!" The man started. "I'm Richard Starkey, but all my friends call me Ringo."

"Ah. Ringo! Nice t' meet ya! I'm George Harrison, this here is John Lennon, and that is Paul McCartney." George introduced his friends to Ringo. "We're in a band too."

"G'head! Sit down." John motioned to the chair across the table.

Ringo didn't hesitate, and took a seat. "You lads look quite young, what're your ages, if ya don't mind me asking?"

Paul was the one to explain this time. "George and I are 18, and John and Stuart are 20."

"Ah, so young. I'm 20 as well. Is this your whole band? Just the 4 of ya?"

"No, we have a drummer, he doesn't hang out much." John answered.

"Speaking of, you were terrific!" George complimented, and his three band mates nodded in agreement.

"Well thank you!" Ringo grinned.

The 5 boys continued their conversation into the night, and the four Beatles grew rather fond of their new friend.

- - - -

A/N: hey! longish chapter since when? ah! i apologize for the short and crappy chapters...

xoxo emily