Chapter 21

A/N: it's a day late i'm sorrrrrry

- - - - 

"Hey, Macca. I'm so sorry my love. I was wrong and had no right to be upset at you. I was being a soddin' git and I regret it so much. It should've been me. I should've been shot. Not you. Not you with your perfect gorgeous eyes and beautiful smile. Not you."

None of the four men left the hospital, and John rarely left Paul's side. Brian was tense and anxious. Ringo was nervous, yet keeping calm. George was obviously worried sick and couldn't sit still. John was completely out of it. His mind was in constant disbelief and he hadn't cried this much in his life.

And as for Paul, he wasn't getting any better.

But he wasn't getting any worse.

- - - -

A few more days passed and doctors were constantly in and out.

John was sitting next to Paul's bedside, staring at his closed eyes, waiting for them to open once more.

And then, as if on cue, they did.

Paul's big, hazel eyes fluttered open, and he carefully turned his head towards John.

"Paul? Paulie, you're okay! You're, you're okay! You're alright! Oh, I love you so much, Macca. I'm so sorry my love." Several tears ran down his cheeks as he smiled.

"Wh-Who are you? Where am I? Who, who are you?" Paul stuttered, confused.

"Macca, what do you mean? It's me, John!"

"What happened? Who are you? Who am I? I ca-can't remember anything."

"Paul! God! You're awake! We need to get a nurse!" George appeared in the doorway and ran right back out again.

"Paul, love, you remember me, right?" His voice shook.

"I'm sorry, but who's Paul?"

"Mr. McCartney! I'm glad to see you've waken. Now, do you feel any major abdominal pain? I'm going to need to do a quick and simple check up." The young doctor smiled kindly.

"I think h-he lost his memory." John's small tears of joy from earlier had now turned into silent sobs as he spoke.

"Oh god." She said under her breath. "Erm, I'll check up on it right away! I will let you all know as soon as I know something."

George's face dropped as he looked solemnly in disbelief at his childhood friend.

"Thank you. Bye, Paulie, see you later mate. Come ed, John." George held John's shoulder and led him out of the sterile room.

Paul, my love, doesn't remember me.

It's all my fault.

I'm such a fuckin' git.

He's the love of my life.

- - - -

A/N: whoops