Falling

"I AM NOT... YOUR... FRIEND!!!"
Tord's heart skipped a beat when he heard that voice. It was Tom. Tord thought that he had been dead, he shot the entire house with a rocket! There's no way he survi-
Before Tord could process what was happening, his robot lurched forward and started falling. The lights were going crazy and the controls stopped working. Tord looked to his left, and there was a harpoon. It barely missed him, still plunged deep through the robot's control panel and his seatbelt. Tord began to panic. His robot was beginning to crumble and fall through the air, when suddenly it just burst into oblivion, the metal parts falling all around the area.
Tord was knocked out of his seat as he felt hot metal parts tear at his skin. A piece of the robot's shoulder hit him in the back, knocking the air out of Tord as he felt him falling from the air.
As he was falling, he managed to get a glance of what once was Dirdum Lane. Matt was almost in tears, Tom had a deep gash in his arm, holding a harpoon gun, and Edd... Edd was mortified. Tord knew what he did got to Edd the most, and before he hit the ground, his last thought was Edd.
He was buried under the rubble, and for a while, all Tord could feel was the pain in his eye, right face, and right arm. He didn't know what happened, or what it would look like. Tord thought it was all one big nightmare, when he heard the familiar rumbling of a car coming up the hill. He panicked again, thinking that Edd, Matt, and Tom had come up to see him and mock him, or maybe even the police. Tord pushed the rubble off of him and slowly got up. His arm hurt like hell. As he grabbed his arm to stop the blood leaking and the pain, he saw his right hand men, Pau and Pat rushing up the hill.
Tord let out a sigh of relief, looking back at the shocked men. He turned his attention to the left, and saw one of the mini robot arms lying there on the floor. Tord picked it up, figuring that this might be the only thing they could salvage from the blast. He looked out at the ruins of Dirdum Lane. He remembered how much fun he and his friends had together, all the adventures, all the amazing times, all the times he put soap in Tom's toothpaste, and he had just destroyed that. He destroyed it all for a stupid robot he couldn't even use anymore. Tord sat down on the grass and began to cry a little, he couldn't help it. He knew he couldn't show weakness around Pau and Pat, but this was too much. He held his damaged arm and tried to imagine what it would be like if he just stayed the whole time, no Red Army, no Red Leader crap, just his friends. It sounded weak but... Tord honestly might have preferred that universe more than this pain he was going through right now.
Behind him, Pat and Pau were savaging anything they could find of the robot, which wasn't much. All that was left was most of the head, some wires here and there, and the mini-arm Tord found. Just as Tord stopped crying for a little bit to catch his breath, he felt a hand on his shoulder.
"Red Leader... sir... we need to fix you up until we can get back to base.." Pau said, holding bandages in his arm.
"Pau just.. just leave me alone." Tord replied, turning the other way.
"Red Leader, you-"
"That's an order.. Pau.."
Pau, for once in his life, didn't listen to Tord. The Red Leader needed to care for his arm, before it became infected, or fell off, or something more horrible. Pau began wrapping the arm in bandages, ignoring Tord's winces of pain. Pat also came to the other side, pockets filled with robot wires and junk he found. Tord gave him the robot arm he found.
"Bring it back to base with us, I have an idea for it." Tord said as Pat grabbed the arm.
"All done," said Pau, ripping off the last of the bandages, causing another wince from Tord, "let's bring him back before the police show up."
Pat nodded in agreement and all 3 of them got into the car. Pau took the wheel as Pat unloaded his pockets into the trunk. Usually Tord sat up front with Pau, but he instead got in the back of the car, massaging the right side of his face.
Pat got in the front after a while and they began to drive far away. They could hear police sirens going up the hill, so Pau drove faster, anxious to get home. Both Pau and Pat could hear quiet sniffling and winces in the back, Tord was crying again, this time probably from the pain on his face and arm. But Tord wasn't crying because of the pain. The physical pain, he could tolerate.
It was the emotional pain.

He saw Edd's face as his robot fell.

His face told the whole story.

"Why am I such a screw-up?" Tord thought to himself.

Words: 933
//AN
The next 3 chapters will be told from Tord's POV! They're gonna meet up again in the 7th chapter and then juicy romance stuff shall begin. >:3
Remember to tell me what you think, by leaving a comment!