A New Life

It was so cold when Tord woke up. Everything was a blur. He couldn't think straight..
"Robot.. pain... Edd.. robot.. pain... Edd.. robot.. pain... Edd....." was all that was going through Tord's mind. He turned his eyes over to his side, realizing that he could only use one of his eyes. He put his hand to his face, which was heavily bandaged. At first, Tord didn't even notice the robot arm attached to his side. Then he did. Tord yelped in shock, falling backwards onto the bed. Then it all came back to him.

He got the robot, destroyed everything, got struck down, and then came back to base.
Tord looked at his arm. It was an old part of his robot.
That part came back too.
When Tord came to the base, the doctors told him they had to amputate his arm, and try to fix his eye. Tord told them to replace the arm with the robot arm, and gave it to them. The doctors gave Tord some medicine and... that's all he could remember. How long was he laying here? Hours? Days? Weeks?

At that moment, the door opened, showing one of the Red Army doctors.
"Well, Red Leader, it's good to see you're awake." He said
Tord groaned and pulled the covers of the bed over him again.
"The operation was a success, we were able to replace your defective arm. All the muscles and nerves were pulled out, for crying out loud! It would've been completely useless."
Tord looked at his new hand. He clenched it and opened it a couple times.
"Cool." Thought Tord, "Maybe I can upgrade this a bit." He looked at the doctor.
"How long have I been here?" He asked.
"About a week. You needed lots of time to heal," replied the doctor, "on the bright side, most of your face is ok thanks to the time away from other contaminants. Do you want a mirror, sir?"
Tord nodded, and the doctor went in the drawer of the side table. It was the first time Tord noticed it. There was flowers and a 'Get Well Soon' card on the table, presumably from Pau and Pat. The doctor pulled out a purple hand mirror and gave it to Tord.
Half of his face was covered in tight bandages, with some scars showing here and there. At least it wasn't bloody anymore.
"Can I take the bandages off?" Tord asked the doctor.
"Sure, I'll give you some medicine to put on it later to help the healing. You'll be blind in your right eye, though." The doctor said, slowly taking off the bandages. Tord held back some winces. When it was finally over, Tord looked at the mirror again. The right side of his face was entirely scarred, and was healing in scabs. His eye was greyed out, and Tord noticed that when he closed his other one, he couldn't see out of the right eye.
"Red Leader.. are you ok?" The doctor asked, pulling the mirror away.
"Red Leader... I'm the Red Leader again." Tord thought to himself. He undid the covers and sat up.
"Is it ok if I get back to the office?" Tord- no, Red Leader said. The doctor frowned.
"I would prefer if you stay here for a couple more days, but if you're really that anxious to get back, I suppose it wouldn't hurt as long as you put some medication on your face and shoulder every night." He answered, pulling a type of cream and an eyepatch out of his pocket.
"Yeah, yeah," said Red Leader, grabbing the eye patch and putting it on"I just need to get back. I have work to do." The doctor handed him the cream as he attempted to stand up, wobbling a bit. The Red Leader said thanks to the doctor and started making his way down the halls. The faces of surprised soldiers were all around him, marveling at the fact that their leader wasn't dead. Out of the corner of his eye, Pat came running at Red Leader through the crowd.
"Sir! How was the operation?" He asked excitedly.
"Blurry." Replied Red Leader, opening the door to his office.
"Well, we have something for y-" Pat said as the door was opened. Red Leader stared in shock. Pau was standing there in a party hat with balloons and a cake. The cake had the Red Army symbol on it, also saying, "Congrats on not dying of traumatic blood loss, sir!" Red Leader stared in shock. Pau and Pat tensed up.
"WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS?!" Red Leader bellowed.
"Sorrysirsorrysirsorrysirsorrysir!" Pau and Pat said.
"I GET HIT DOWN BY A HARPOON GUN AND ALMOST DIE AND YOU WON'T LET ME FINISH MY WORK?!" RL continued furiously.
"Uuuuhhhhhhhhh..." mumbled Pau.
"Look, just... I have a headache. You two are on arcade duty when it opens up."
"Awwww... boss... that place is just a cheap way to get funds for the army! We were just trying to help!" Pat said in defiance.
"Out. Now." RL said.
"YES SIR!" The two yelled, and bolted out of the office, slamming the door behind them.
RL sat down at his desk, it was covered with papers, but he didn't feel like doing them. He didn't feel like doing anything anymore. All he could think about was his old friends. He hung his head in shame. "They did nothing wrong," RL said, "they were just happy to have me back. Well, except Tom. But who cares about him. I destroyed their house, for heaven's sake! All for a stupid robot I can't even use anymore! Faen..."

Words: 945
Top Art: (I dunno, it's an edit of The End though, which was animated by Paul Ter Voorde.)