Welcome Home

--Tord's POV--

He hugged me... He saw me and... he's hugging me? I feel him snuggling into my hoodie, which I probably haven't washed in a few days... faen.

"Welcome home.." said Edd, "We missed you so much..." I stared at him in shock, and hesitantly put my arms around his back.

"Y-You missed me!?" I replied, "After all I did? What about Tom? Tom hates me!"

"Well yeah, Tom still kind of hates you," Edd said, "But... if you came, that must mean you're sorry..." Edd looked up at me, with big puppy dog eyes, "Right?"

"Of course, Edd!" I responded, taking my arms off of Edd's hoodie. "I- It's all i've been thinking about for months, I can't get you, Matt, or... faen, or even Tom out of my mind!"

"Here, Tord... come inside for a second.. Tom and Matt might hear you.."

When I went into the apartment, I was greeted by the smell and sight of empty bottles of cola cans. Edd's room was comfy and small, and I saw his cat Ringo sleeping by the computer. He sat down on the bed, and said,

"So... what happened after the explosion? Why did you wait this long to come apologize?"

"I didn't know your new address," I replied, "I was trying to find out where you were, so I could come and say sorry, but you guys were just... off the grid. Until-"

"Today.." Edd said, his eyes bulging, "Tom was right."

"Right about what?" I replied.

"He- He said that you were Red Leader, and that you were g-gonna find us.." Edd said, stuttering, and almost breaking into tears.

"How did he guess!?"

--Edd's POV--

I still can't believe he came here to apologize.. He's still just as I remember him... Why did he ever leave? Why is he going to leave again?

"I don't know... oh Tord, I.. what's gonna happen to you? What happens if the police come here?" I cried, curling up into a ball. I could tell Tord felt bad for me, and he sat on the bed with me and put his warm arm around my shoulder. I put my arm around him too. It felt... so nice..

"Look, Edd. I can't stay for long. No matter what, they probably will find me. Just... tell Matt and Tom that I feel terrible for what I did." Tord said, holding me closer. I still sniffled, and fell back onto his chest.

"Tord..." I began, "Can't we just spend one night together?" Tord looked at me in shock.

"You really want me to stay?" He said.

"Yeah," I replied, "It'll keep you safe from police for tonight and... maybe we could catch up?" Oh god... I realized I was blushing, my face being completely red. Tord looked to the window, and then to me. He smiled.

"Come 'ere, old friend." He said, letting his arms open. We hugged each other for a while, and after a while, I felt Tord's hand on my hair.

"Tord?"

I felt him tense up, so he stopped hugging me, much to my dismay. It felt so good to have him again.

"S-sorry Edd, I-"

"It's ok, Tord. I didn't mind." I replied happily. Tord blushed and got up.

"Do you want to watch a movie?" He asked, still blushing madly.

"Sure! Insane Zombie Pirates from Hell 8 just came out!" I said, jumping out of the room.

In just a couple of minutes, we had a blanket on the couch, popcorn in our laps, and the movie on the TV. One thing about this sequel (Eightquel? Octoquel?) was that it was really scary, even for my standards. Through the movie, I found myself nudging closer and closer to Tord. By the end of the night, both of us were asleep after the movie, cuddling on the couch.

Words: 613
Top Art: https://korn002.deviantart.com/

//AN

oof