Acceptance

-- Tord's POV --
As I walked out of Edd's apartment, a wave of anxiety hit me. What if Tom is just going to kill me in the safety of his own home? What if he has authorities in there ready to arrest me as soon as I walk in? It wouldn't be too far-fetched, considering all the times Tom and I have fought over the years. This was probably his revenge. He would love to see the look on my face as I was dragged away by the police or as I died by his hands. Like I was supposed to, that day with the robot.
As I put my metal hand onto the cold doorknob, a loud 'CLANG' shook through the room. Damn hand, why did it always do that? Tom probably heard me now. But instead, I heard a cheery voice from behind the wall.
"Come in, Todd!"
It was Matt. That fucking ginger.
I turned around the knob and slowly stepped in. Matt was too innocent to kill someone based on something he probably couldn't remember. I walked in to see Tom on the couch, a blanket wrapped around him while Matt had an arm protectively over his shoulder.
"What happened to Tom?" I asked, as much as I loved seeing him like this.
"Hangover.." Matt replied, not bothering to glance at me. "Stuff really got crazy last night, right Tom?" Tom moaned in agreement. I shuffled my boots, still thinking that there could be a police officer behind the couch or something.
Tom motioned his heavy head to the right, inviting me to sit on the chair next to the sofa. I slowly walked over and sat down, my hands in my pockets. Matt looked at me, perplexed. He still had his arm closed around Tom in a protective manner. Did he think I was going to hurt him?
"So.. Tom.. old friend. What did you want to tell me before I left?" I asked him, forming an awkward smile on my scarred face.
"Look, commie. I still don't like you and I never will." He started, holding his head in pain. "But what you did last night wasn't completely evil. Heck, it saved me from being accused of murdering that guy." I widened my good eye, not believing what I was hearing. Was Tom... being nice to me?
"I don't remember most things that happened," he continued, "but just... thanks for getting me out of that scenario. I forgive you for the whole 'hiding a power ranger under our god-damn house' shit." I must've been dreaming, I thought I was dreaming. Tom was actually going to forgive me for it? After all the horrible things he said to me at first. I managed to speak out a faint 'Thanks, Tom'. Matt smiled.
"Daww.... you two are finally getting along?" He said, running his hands through Tom's hair.
"Shut up, ginger." Tom responded, blushing a bit to the sight of Matt being flirty. "I'm not in the mood for friendship and shit right now."
I still had one big question about what he said that night.
"Tom..." I started, "One more thing." Tom let out a groan in confusion.
"Why did you call me 'Edd's communist boyfriend' last night?" I asked, seeing as we only officially hooked up this morning. (But I wasn't going to tell Tom that. Yet.)
"Edd really likes you, Torf!" Matt responded happily. "Tom knows that. At the slightest mention of you, he'll blush. And he kept one of your old hoodies. He probably sleeps with it every night!" Both I and Tom looked at him in surprise and let out a 'WHAT?' at the thought of Edd keeping one of my old red hoodies. Tom put his head back onto the couch arm.
"Well, if you get married or whatever," Tom said, groaning from his headache, "I'll come and get drunk. Or maybe not. I don't want another hangover ever again."
"That would be so adorable!" Matt noticed, smiling from ear to ear. I tried to hold in a blush. Edd would look so cute in a suit.
"K.. we did everything we needed," said Tom, "Now get out of this capitalist home."
"Fuck you too." I replied, closing the door behind me.
I began to make the trek back to base. I dreaded the feeling.

Words: 728
Top Art: https://dormxr.deviantart.com (One of my favorite artists)
//AN
Not really much to say about this chapter. It's pretty short so uuhhhh..
They got the father's blessing, I guess. ;)
This is also my horrible attempt at ToMatt.
Don't worry though, there's gonna be some more drama before the end. (Ha ha see what I did there?)