Together

--Edd's POV--

That morning, I woke up before Tord. It felt like deja vu, having him sleeping next to me. Poor guy, he probably hasn't shut his eyes for weeks.

As I was about to get up, Ringo jumped onto my lap, purring. I smiled and began petting him next to Tord's unconscious body. Over time though, Ringo got curious of the new man on the couch, and proceeded to paw at his face.

"Ringo! Stop that!" I scolded, picking him off of the communist. I saw Tord sleepily open his uncovered eye, groaned, and looked around before closing it again.

"Sorry if Ringo woke you up, you can go back to sleep for a while.." I apologize, placing Ringo back into my lap.

"What time is it, Edd?" Tord asked.

"I think it's around 8." I replied. I began to turn as red as Tord's hoodie, and I laid down with him again. I could see Tord blushing like crazy, with a sad smile on his face.

"I have to go.." he mumbled quietly.

"What?" I said back, "Why?" I looked up at his face to see that he may as well have been holding back tears. I hugged him tighter, hoping that he would stay longer like this.

"I have to go back to the base, everyone there is probably worried because of what happened... last night." Tord started again, looking down to the left. We both paused in silence for a moment before I broke it.

"Well... I can't let you leave empty handed." Tord looked at me questioningly.

"What do you mean?"

"I'll make you some breakfast." I replied back, knowing Tord wouldn't resist.

"Bacon?" he asked, eye lighting up. I smiled and nodded at him, hugging him closer. He put his arms around me one last time.

"I love you, Edd." he whispered to me, caressing my hair. I immediately blushed, and look at his face. He was smiling slightly, still patting my brunette hair. I quickly leaned in before he could move muscle, and smashed my lips against his. He closed his eyes and melted into the kiss. When we finally pulled away, I let out a sigh of joy and relief.

"I love you too, Tord." I replied to him, grinning. Tord let out an adorable little giggle.

"Your breath smells like cola." he said, flushing. I picked him off of the couch, still holding his hand. Tord was so cute like this, and I wondered why I never told him before he left. At that moment, my stomach growled.

"I'll go make us some bacon." I said, nuzzling into his cheek. "This time, there'll be enough for both of us." I walked into the kitchen and looked into the fridge, to my horror, there was no bacon whatsoever! I panicked for a minute, since I remembered that I had eaten it all the day before. Suddenly, a thought came to me.

'Maybe Tom has some bacon I could borrow. He's probably grossly hungover right now, so many I could sneak in and grab some.'

I peeked back into the living room to see Tord fast asleep again. May as well let him sleep while his duties at the base weren't crushing him. I slowly opened the door, careful not to wake him up, and used Tom's spare key to open his apartment. I went into his empty living room and looked around. I heard noises from his bathroom, so I assumed that he was hungover as fuck.

I opened up his fridge, moved around some Smirnoff bottles, and found the holy grail. Bacon. I grabbed it so quickly and blissfully that I didn't notice Tom's toilet flushing and him coming out groggily. He was obviously hungover from all the alcohol last night, and had probably just vomited.

"Edd? What are you doing here?" he said, holding his head with his hand. I jeeped in surprise and turned around.

"Y-Yeah Tom?"

"There's no cola in there and you know that. Unless you want to get crunked." he replied, slumping on the couch, a green tint to his skin.

"I-I'm just getting some bacon for uh... Tord." I responded, holding the precious meat closer to my chest. I could already smell it. Tom stared at me for a while, with those black, almost soulless eyes. He let out a sigh.

"Speaking of the commie, could you bring him in here after breakfast?" he said, scratching his neck and pulling the blanket on his couch. "I need to thank him for his whole rescue last night." I was baffled as to why Tom would voluntarily choose to speak to Tord at all, but I accepted immediately and ran out of the apartment.

When I got back to my kitchen, I started cooking the bacon. When I turned around to wake up Tord, I saw him right in front of me, smirking.

"Hei søta." he said, holding up my hands. "Do you have our bacon? I woke up and smelt in from in there."

"Just like old times." I retorted, grinning from ear to ear. After he and I were done with our breakfast, Tord put his arm around my shoulder at the table. We both talked and laughed for a while, before remembering the promise I made to Tom.

"Tord?" I asked.

"Yeah?"
"While I was getting the bacon..." I started, "Tom said he wanted to see you. He said he wanted to thank you for what happened last night." Tord's smile immediately went into a somewhat worried position. He began to nervously chuckle.

"I... I don't think I'm too keen on seeing Tom," he answered, "Especially after what he said a couple months ago... about me being forgiven for all the terrible things I did to you guys."

"It'll be ok, Tordy." I said, confident in my new sweetheart, "Tom wasn't mad at all. You'll be ok." Tord smiled at me and slowly nodded his head. I picked up a cola can from the other side of the table.

"Besides!" I chirped, "If he hurts you, I'll probably hit him with a chair." Tord laughed in his sweet little accent, and let out a sigh. He put on his parka again and while we were walking to the door, Tord ruffled my hair and kissed me again. It was pure bliss.

"I'll tell you how it goes, min engel." Tord said, closing the door.

Words: 1070
Top Art: https://eddseydrawingsyt.deviantart.com/

//AN
I want to make each chapter over 1000 words from now on, but we'll see how that goes. 11 parts in and we just got to the gay parts. ;)