Back to Action

Things were started to get back to normal for the Red Leader. Ever since he came back, (along with his 'upgrades'), the army had been doing better and they were making plans to recruit more members in masses. RL hadn't heard from Pat or Pau since the day he regained consciousness. He knew they were probably mad at him. Oh well.

RL had set up many bases in Europe, mainly disguised as normal businesses in order to get funds for the army. The arcade was one of them, and, along with the supermarket near Dirdum Lane and the bar in the center of the city, was one of the most important facilities in England. RL wanted to see if Edd, Tom, or Matt would come one day and maybe give away their location. Edd would probably go to the supermarket to get more cola, Tom would go to the bar to get crunked, and Matt might tag along with Edd to get hairbrushes or something like that.

But nothing had been happening.

Months passed, and RL had heard absolutely nothing about the 3. Why? He knew that they had survived, he knew that they stayed in England, and he knew that they probably wouldn't go too far away from the ruins of their old home. So what was it? Had they just gone off the grid entirely? The question lingered in RL's mind for weeks. After a while though, he managed to get his focus back on his army. Nothing too eventful had happened, and their next major battle with EU forces was planned for another few months. RL mostly spent time in his room, revising and signing plans and not reading hentai. (Yeah, keep telling yourself that, commie.) Then one day, early in the afternoon, RL got a call from Pau and Pat.

"Bout time," he thought to himself, "I hadn't heard from them in weeks." RL picked up the phone and answered.

"Pau, Pat? Is everything doing ok there?"

"Yes sir, everything's going well at Base 11" Pat replied. Tord let out a sigh of relief.

"Why are you calling me then, private?"

"We suspect the 3 men who injured you are here right now." Pat said, lowering his voice.

RL jumped back in his chair. Was it true? Would they have a confrontation? Was he ready to see Edd's disappointed face again? Finally, he got enough courage to ask what they looked like.

"One is a ginger idiot, another seems to have no eyes, and the last has a green hoodie and smells like cats and cola." Pat said through the phone.

Green hoodie... it was Edd... RL had to give direct orders on what to do here. He didn't think he was ready yet. RL shuffled through his desk, trying to find something that might help him or give him confidence to be the leader he was and give the orders to his right hand men. The closest he could find to confidence was an old hentai magazine, however. RL sighed and said,

"Keep a close eye on them as they walk around the place. When they leave, take your car to wherever their new house or apartment is. Don't follow them inside, just tell me what building it is and where it's located." RL let out a breath at the end, relieved that he had gotten it out.

"Yes sir." Pat understood. As the phone's dial tone buzzed, RL put the phone down and wondered if he had done it right or not. Should he have left it alone? Should he let it go?

No.

He couldn't let go of Edd. He had to go back and at least apologize. Whether or not he stayed with them, he wanted them to know that he at least regretted what he did to their lives. For the rest of the day, RL sat in his chair, anxiously waiting for Pau and Pat to report back to him. When he finally got a call from them, he lept out his seat and swiped the phone out of the receiver as quick as a flash.

"Pau, Pat. Do you have the location?"

"Yes sir, they live in main London now. The address is 28 Cannon Street."

"Excellent. Leave the street now, Pat. You guys are free from arcade duty now."

RL heard a muffled "yeesssss" from Pau and Pat. He smiled slightly and hung up the phone. RL got up and put his jacket on the coat hanger, revealing his old red hoodie he still had. He figured it would be a warm welcome from the gang. He opened the door to his office, and hiked down the hall that lead to the streets. A soldier, Yuu, stopped RL as he was walking.

"Sir! Where are you going? You have a price on your head!" Yuu called as RL continued down the long hallway.

"Pssh. I'm not taking the main streets, Yuu. I'll be safe from police as long as I don't go near any monuments or tourist-y places."

From there, RL walked downtown from the base into the back alleys, careful that people couldn't see his face under his hood. When he finally made his way to Cannon Street, a huge apartment building met him there.

"This is the place," RL thought, "I can be Tord here again, but.. am I ready?"

As Tord walked into the lobby, he was greeted by an old lady eating pickles at a counter. Careful to still not show his face, he asked the woman,

"Excuse me, do you know what apartment my, uh, friend.. Edd stays in?"

The lady looked up at him, still drowning her mouth with pickles.

"Room 118, dearie, on the top floor."

"Thanks."

Tord bounded into the lift, nervously pressing the button saying, "Top". As the doors closed, he looked at himself in the reflective walls of the lift. Would Edd even recognize him this way? Just then, the doors opened, and Tord found himself in a long hallway. He was looking for number 118.

"112, 114, 116, ah!" Tord thought to himself, "118!"

The door said, "Edd" on it, and underneath, there was a cat flap and a bowl saying "Ringo" on it. This was the place. Tord rung the doorbell, and heard footsteps coming towards the door.

"I'm not ready, I'm not ready, I'm not ready, I'm not" Tord thought to himself as the footsteps came closer. He was considering just running away by this point, but it was too late.

The doorknob twisted, and there stood, a very shocked Edd.

"TORD?!"

Words: 1060
Top Art: https://chi-ky.deviantart.com/

//AN
I couldn't find out which street Edd and the gang now live on, so we're just gonna go with Cannon Street, since that's where I stayed in London during vacation! Hope you enjoy, please leave a vote and comment! >///<