Rescue

--Tord's POV--

The cell I was trapped in was cold and musky. Obviously, the worst cell they had for the worst criminal they had. As I tried to stand up, a sharp pain went all through my right leg. There was a heavy cast around it.

Great.

I had been shot in the leg and taken to prison.

Through a small hole in the wall that some people would call a window, I saw daylight, and the last thing I remember was being in the rain late at night. It seemed weird that all of this happened in one night. How was the base even doing at this point? Did my soldiers run away? I hope not. Did they all day a slow, painful death?

'Let's not think about that.' I thought to myself, alone and cold. 'Let's think about how to get out. I would have no way to get out. I would have no way to get my army back up. I-

I sat up immediately, tensing all my muscles. Edd... He was there with me.. I heard him. Was he able to get away or did the police catch him too? Edd had done nothing wrong. He didn't deserve the mess I brought him into.

A tray with food (if you could even call it that) passed through the small window. I saw a note also slip out and onto the dirty floor. Though it was a disgusting glop of nothing, I reluctantly ate the food provided. Then I read the note.

"Red Leader,

Your acquaintance got away from the police force. Your execution is scheduled for tomorrow at 10 am. You will also be expected to give the locations of your other soldiers, businesses, and suppliers as well.

-Police Force Chief"

I sighed back onto the floor. This was the end. The Red Army was ruined and I'd be dead come tomorrow. It was nice while it lasted.

Edd would probably just forget about me in a while. He'd find some other guy and laugh about it saying "Ha ha.. Remember the Red Leader? I was his boyfriend until he got killed! Haha.."

I don't want to be a memory in Edd's head. I want to be with him, laugh with him, do gay shit, and just have the old times come back.

The rest of the day was just spent looking back on my life, and fantasizing being with Edd again, from before I was the Red Leader. I fell asleep after a while, having only the one gross meal from the morning. How I was craving some bacon right about now.

Then, in the dead of night, I woke up to the sound of clanging from the vents.

"Ew... rats." I said, putting my arm on my ear to try and block out the sound. Then I heard a yelp.

"Toooommm! My overcoat's getting filthy!"
"Shut up, Matt. They'll hear us if we're not careful."

Another bang.
"Ah! Matt, stop flaunting your legs around. You're kicking me."

"I'm allergic to closed spaces!"

"Matt, don't make me throw this crowbar at you." My breath started to hitch. I didn't know how to feel. Edd had escaped and convinced his friends to get me? I banged on the wall a couple of times to desperately let them know I was here.

"Guys... I think I hear something." Edd said.

"Y'think it's Tord?" Tom replied. I went up to the vent on the ceiling and yelled up to it.

"Guys! It's me! I'm under you!"

I could hear Edd gasp. He started to come closer to the vents until I could barely see his face through the grate.

"Tord! We found you!" he yelled back "We're gonna get you out." The grate on the ceiling became to quake. When the plate fell off, I looked up into the new hole in the wall. There was Edd, covered with dust from travelling through the vents for so long. He slowly and carefully jumped onto the floor. Matt and Tom soon followed through, both also covered in dust. Edd was holding a crowbar, Matt was disgusted by the sight of my cell, and Tom was preparing a way to get out of the cell.

"Y-You guys came for me?" I blushed. Edd ran up to me on the bench and hugged me.

"Thank you so much for coming for me." Our faces were almost touching at this point.

"Guys stop being gross and coupley and get up the rope" Tom said, back up in the vent with Matt, and ready to leave.

"Why did you guys come for me again?" I asked as I climbed the rope back into the vent with Edd shortly behind me.

"It's kind of a long story, commie." Tom said, brushing through the vents, holding what looked like a map in the darkness.

"We've got lots of time, these vents go on forever." Edd replied, "I'll tell him"

FFFLLLLLLAAAAAAAASSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHBBBBBBAAAAAAACCCCCCCKKKKKK

Words: 826

Top Art: https://tordedd-lovers.deviantart.com/art/EDDSWORLD-TORDEDD-BACKGROUND-728175620 (This is actually my phone background)

//AN

Sorry that this chapter was short, I'm splitting it into two parts because the second part is pretty long too. Anyways...
Have you guys seen the official Red Leader design?

Oof

This story is going to continue using the fanon one though, I might make some oneshots in the future with the official one once this story is done.
Which it will be, pretty soon winkwink.