SOMETHING ABOUT HAMILTON AGAIN

sorry but Switched! will be updated soon i promise

oki so i figured out that

something kinda crazy, i know.

but hear me out.

Maria Reynolds isn't the one to blame for the scandal n' all.

It was actually her husband, according to real life and some YouTube comments

and probs Hamilton cuz he's just crap at the 2nd Act.

Maria was probably in "forced" marriage or smth idk with James Reynolds at age 15. Maria even got a child named "Susan" at some young age.

But then, DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNNN She was abused by her husband James Reynolds. "My husband's doing me wrong. Beating me, cheating me, and mistreating me." By that, I mean he physically, mentally and sexually abused her.

Then, James just up and left Maria to let her take care of the child for some reason. "Suddenly, he's up and gone. I don't have the needs to go on."

So since James left with ALL the money, she was... Poor. And she needed her daughter to be educated and not like her. 'Cause Maria was pretty poor and not even educated, but when she married James, she got some money and gave some for her family. YAY.

But so she went to Alexander's for literal help. And so Alexander didn't give out money right away, but he did help her get home. AND paid her. No, not for.... Sexual Intercourse, but for her needs, like food and that.

But since Alexander paid her.... Maria needed to repay him back somehow. The only thing she knew that SEXUAL INTERCOURSE. Like, she has no money to repay him, so she quickly repaid him with something thaT WAS TOTALLY UNCALLED FOR. (Well, I mean, that was the only thing she knew. Why sexual intercourse as payment you ask? Because of her SEXUAL ABUSING husband)

then stuff happened. James caught her in the scandal and decided to just make money out of it. He told Alex that "You can keep seeing my wh**e wife if the price is right. If not, I'm telling your wife." Then, Alex made the Reynolds Pamphlet and all. Well, he published it.

So then, Maria refused for the whole "You can keep seeing my wh**e wife" and all. But then, James threatened her. How? He would hurt or take away her child.

So she did. For the money.

Also, Maria actually sent a letter to Hamilton before James wrote to Hamilton about the $. It was a letter warning Hamilton that her husband had sought a reconciliation with her. She then obtained an interview for James Reynolds who applied to Hamilton for a position in the Treasury Office, which Hamilton refused. After Hamilton had shown unequivocal signs that he wanted to end the affair on 15 December 1791 Maria sent him a letter warning of Reynolds' anger over the supposed discovery of the affair.

The thing is, since Maria was uneducated, she couldn't spell the best. So the writing in the letter had a bunch of spelling mistakes. I could read it slightly though.

"I have not tim [sic] to tell you the cause of my present troubles only that Mr. has rote [sic] you this morning and I know not wether [] you have got the letter or not and he has swore that If you do not answer It or If he dose not se [sic] or hear from you to day he will write Mrs. Hamilton he has just Gone oute [sic] and I am a Lone [sic] I think you had better come here one moment that you May know the Cause then you will the better know how to act Oh my God I feel more for you than myself and wish I had never been born to give you so mutch [sic] unhappiness do not rite [sic] to him no not a Line but come here soon do not send or leave any thing in his power."

In the letter, she wishes she wasn't born to give Alexander so much unhappiness. She tells him not to send her husband a letter. Not even a single line. I also think the [sic]s are just cut lines or non-understood words.

thats...... heavy as heck.

dun worry. she divorced James Reynolds actually.

And guess what? Aaron Burr was her lawer :) They actually kept in touch, which is cute because ey, FRIENDSHIP GOALS.

Burr was such a feminist lol. He opened a school for girls and even leT MARIA'S CHILD COME TO HIS SCHOOL TO BE EDUCATED. THAT'S SO NICE I'M CRYING.

Fun Fact:

Me and Maria have the same birthday-- (March 30th)

another thing:

I watched ERASED the anime. Kenya's my favorite character. I kinda also got mad when Kayo married Hiromi instead of Satoru. But don't worry Satoru. YOU HAVE KENYA INSTEAD I'M SURE HE'S STILL SINGLE-- *gets slapped*

Eliza is precious:

You know... Normally, some girl who got cheated on would call the other girl a "Wh**e" somehow, but Eliza. Instead of calling Maria a "Wh**e", she says "How you brought this girl into our bed."

Like, Eliza knew that Maria was probably not even what she seems, so she blames Alexander for not even sayinG NO TO THIS--