1.18 Answers 2

Elena " So, what did Klaus want?"

Katherine "The same thing that he'll want from you. He wants to break the curse."

Elena "By sacrificing the Petrova doppelgänger."

Katherine nodded " He wanted to drain every single drop of blood from my body."

Elena looked at me confused "why not from you?"

Katherine chuckled dry "Thanks to Elijah, Adelaide was never even an option for the sacrifice"

Elena shoved the cup back to Katherine "What does the Petrova blood line have to do with Klaus?"

Katherine drank downed the blood and crushed the cup.

Me "The curse was bound by the sacrifice of Petrova blood. Witches are crafty with their spells. The doppelgänger was created as a way to be able to undo the spell. Once the doppelgänger reappeared, the curse can be broken."

Elena raised an eyebrow " So you ran before he killed you?"

Katherine shrugged" Something like that."

Elena raised an eyebrow shocked "you killed yourself?!"

Katherine " Klaus needed a human doppelgänger. As a vampire, I was no longer any use to him."

Elena looked at me "What about you? I mean, with your sister's blood out of the picture he had to pick you"

Me "Klaus killed me with Elijah's blood in my system after Elijah made clear that i wasn't an option. I woke up finding out Katherine left me behind"

Katherine chuckled "you still on that?"

I rolled my eyes.

Elena looked at Kat " But it didn't work. You didn't really escape, you've been running from Klaus ever since."

Katherine " I underestimated his spirit for vengeance but living in a suitcase is better than dying so you can have your blood spilled over some silly little rock."

Elena looked sick to her stomach. 

Katherine chuckled "What's wrong? Afraid I'm right? You don't want to die? There's another way out."

She cut her wrist open with her nail.

Katherine "Better hurry. Your opportunity is going, going, going and gone. I made the other choice."

The wound healed.

Elena "Rose and Trevor spent the last 500 years running because you used them. Trevor just got killed."

Katherine " I never thought he would last that long."

Elena was shocked "You don't even care that you ruined their lives."

Katherine " I was looking out for myself, Elena. I will always look out for myself and Adelaide"

I scoffed.

Katherine shot me a glare " If you're smart, you'll do the same."

Elena raised an eyebrow " So how much of your little story is true?"

Katherine shook her head "I have no reason to lie, Elena. I have no reason to do anything but sit here and read and rot."

Elena "Okay, assuming it's even partially true, that's the reason why you came back isn't it? Because you wanted to be the one to hand me over to Klaus."

Katherine "500 years on the run, I figured maybe he'd be willing to strike a deal."

Elena "So you got Mason Lockwood to find you the moonstone."