1.22 Elijah And The Cure

She was lying.

We all groaned disgusted.

Kat "It probably took him about ten seconds to realize that she wasn't me, at which point he probably yanked her heart right out of her chest."

Stefan nodded"All right. Where are they? Rebekah, you do realize if something should happen to Elena, you have no chance of finding the cure, right?"

Kat glared at him for a second but gave in "Fine. They were supposed to meet at the gazebo by the park."

Stefan got up "I'll go talk to Elijah."

Damon " You go deal with Elijah. Katherine will take us to the cure."

Rebekah shook her head  " No, she won't. The cure is my one chance to win my freedom back from Klaus."

Damon "You're gonna broker a deal with Klaus?"

Stefan shook his head  " No. She's gonna get Elijah to broker the deal for her. That's why you need your little friend, isn't it? Some things never change, Katherine."

Kat shook her head "Nope."

Stefan looked at me "you coming with me?"

I looked at my sister "What are you doing with Elijah? why not call Bekah or move your ass to Nik yourself"

Kat raised an eyebrow smirking "Why? jealous?"

I scoffed.

Kat "i don't get it. You got what you wanted, Stefan. Then you ended things with Elijah for good, still, you are feeling jealous"

I stood up growling "one word and your head's off, sister"

She just smirked.

At the gazebo.

Stefan called Elijah over Kat's phone.

Elijah "Katerina?"

Stefan "Hello, Elijah."

Elijah " Where is Katherine?"

Stefan "Where's Elena?"

Elijah "Safe. How long she remains so depends upon you."

Stefan "Well, I guess the same goes for Katherine."

Elijah "Oh, Katherine can take care of herself against the two of you."

Stefan "Oh you mean the four of us. 'Cause your little sister an Adelaide decided to join Team Good Guys for the time being."

Elijah " Put one of them on the phone."

Stefan looked at me but i shook my head.

Stefan "Well, she's not here and Adelaide doesn't want to answer the phone right now. I left Rebekah with Damon and Katherine."

Elijah " Tell me where they are."

Stefan "Relax. No one's gonna get hurt as long as Katherine hands over the cure."

Elijah "Do you understand how much my sister despises Katherine? I assure you, Rebekah will end her the moment she ceases to be of use."

Stefan "Well, just tell me where you are, and we can talk this through."

Elijah "You listen to me very carefully, Stefan. If anything whatsoever happens to Katherine, I will descend upon Elena."

Then he hung up. 

Stefan looked at me.

Night.

I walked through the streets of the town trying to find Elijah.

Stefan told me that Bekah had taken the cure. Well, she thought she took it. But it wasn't the cure.

Suddenly heard behind me "wait "

I turned around  "You killed Jeremy Gilbert."

Katherine nodded "yes, Adelaide, i did."

Me "You took her only family. Like ours was taken from us. "

Kat "Jeremy was collateral damage. I was doing what I needed to do to survive."

I crossed my arms over my chest "So that was what i am. a mean of survival?"

Kat shook her head " No. Of course you're not a means of survival. You are my sister. I love you. "

I scoffed, shaking my head. 

Kat "Elijah gave me his word. that he would talk to Klaus. I--I can't make a deal without him."

Me "I don't care, Katherine. "

I turned around to leave but she speeded in front of me. 

I raised an eyebrow "Katherine"

Katherine " i'm sorry, Adelaide. I've spent so much time running and lying just to survive that I don't-- I'm starting to believe my own lies. I don't even remember who I was before we left Bulgaria. And I want to find out."

You were a hoe.

She reached into her purse and pulled out a small box.

I breathed out surprised "You have the cure."

She nodded " Yeah. And I can shove this down Klaus' throat and try to kill him, but even if I manage to do it...I'd give up the only chance of your happiness. And I don't want that to happen."

Me "You played Elijah, Katherine. How do I know this isn't another lie? "

Katherine took my hand and put the box into it " Because you are my sister. Because i love you. And I'd like to think that you love me too. I need you to trust me again. I want you to trust me again..Just like I'm trusting you. You don't owe me anything. I'm gonna let you decide where we go from here."

Then she left.

I rolled my eyes. 

How dumb does she think i am?

I started to walk again and saw Elijah walking.

Me "Elijah"

He turned to me "Adelaide. A pleasure to see you"

I nodded "You and Katherine?"

Elijah "She came to me in need. She wanted me to give the cure to Niklaus to make a deal in her name"

Me "i thought you hate her. Why would you do that for her?"

Elijah shook his head "I wouldn't do that for her. I would for you"

I asked confused "Why? you know how much i hate her"

Elijah "Still, she's your sister. The only family you have left."

I looked at the box in my hands.

Elijah asked worried "Are you okay?"

I nodded.

Elijah "When you didn't accept Stefan's phone to talk to me..i knew you made your choice"

I nodded  "you wanted me to do the right thing"

Elijah nodded.

Me "You know, Katerina just came to me for help. thinking you would break your word. She wanted me to help her. Trying to manipulate me like always. But not any more"

I showed him the box "I trust you, Elijah. That's why i want you to have it"

I gave him the box "i hope you will make the right decision"

He nodded.

Me "goodbye, Elijah"

Elijah nodded  "goodbye, Adelaide"

I walked to my car, opened it and sat down on the passenger seat.

I sighed and closed my eyes.