1.61 The Truth About The Original Witch

Elena asked confused "Why did Mikael start hunting Klaus?"

Bekah " When Nik made his first human kill, it triggered his werewolf gene. With that, he became my father's greatest shame."

Elena nodded " Yeah. Elijah told me this part of the story. Your mother had had an affair with one of the werewolf villagers. Klaus wasn't his son."

Bekah " She tried to make it right. She put the hybrid curse on Nik to suppress his werewolf side, and then she turned her back on him. But Mikael's greatest weakness as a human was his pride. As a vampire, that was magnified. He went on a rampage and killed half the village. Then he came home and killed her."

Elena asked surprised "Mikael killed your mother?"

I bit my lip.

Bekah "He said she broke his heart so he would break hers. He tore it from her chest as Nik watched. Afterwards, my father took off in a rage, and the rest of my family scattered. Nik stayed, so he could help me bury her. He knew I had to say goodbye to my mother."

Elena "Always and forever...even though he locked you in a coffin for ninety years?"

Bekah " We're vampires. Our emotions are heightened. I'm stubborn, Elijah moral, and Nik...Nik has no tolerance for those who disappoint him. Over a thousand years as a family we've all made that mistake at least once. I've made it several times."

Elena " But you still love him?"

Bekah " He's my brother. And I'm immortal. Should I spend an eternity alone instead? You've heard the story, it's time to go."

She didn't move.

 Bekah yelled "I said leave, Elena! I don't know what you're up to, but I'm no longer playing along."

Elena " I'm just looking for one good reason why we shouldn't wake Mikael."

Bekah "And I've given you a thousand! But you will anyway. I know you want him to help you kill my brother, I'm not stupid."

Elena " It's no secret that I want Klaus dead. He has a hold over Stefan's life, and over mine."

Bekah snapped" Do what you need. Wake Mikael at your own peril. But make no mistake, if you come after my brother, I will rip you apart. And I get my temper from my father. Now leave!"

Elena walked out. 

I sighed and laid down on the sofa. 

Bekah calmed down "what's up with you and Caroline?"

I sat up and raised an eyebrow amused "are you jealous, Bekah?"

Bekah shrugged "Just curious"

I walked to her and put my arm around her shoulders "you'll always be my number one blonde"

She rolled her eyes. 

----

You could tell Bekah was pretty much on the edge to going mad. 

Rebekah was pouring herself and me a glass of scotch. Elena walked inside. I looked at her. She had photos of the cave drawings in her hands. 

Bekah "I thought I told you to leave. Twice."

Elena " How do you know that Mikael killed your mother?"

Bekah turned to her "Nik was there. He told me."

Elena " He lied to you."

Bekah raised an eyebrow " And how do you know that?"

Elena " The cave where you carved your family's names is covered in symbols.*she showed Bekah the photos* The story of your family: how your parents arrived, how they made peace, the spell that turned them into vampires, and this. This is the symbol for hybrid. It's a combination of the werewolf and the vampire symbol. And this is the one for your mother."

She pointed at the picture. 

Bekah " Her necklace."

Elena nodded "And this is the story of her death. The hybrid killed the Original Witch. Not Mikael. Klaus."

Bekah shook her head "No! No, he wouldn't."

Elena " She put the curse on him, made it so that he would be the only one of his kind, and then she rejected him. With the werewolf gene comes aggression and violence...when he turned, all of that was heightened. He killed her, Rebekah. And then he made up this entire lie about your father, so that he wouldn't lose you."

Bekah yelled "These mean nothing! They're just stupid drawings, done by stupid people who had no idea who my family was!"

She took the photos, tore them to pieces, and threw them into the burning fireplace.

Elena "Then why are you so upset?"

Bekah asked upset and irritated "Why are you doing this to me? I've done nothing to you!"

Elena "Klaus killed your mother. He has a hold on you, on me, on everyone. He has for a thousand years. We have to make it stop!"

Rebekah grabbed Elena by the throat and vamped out "Shut up! Shut up! Don't talk anymore! Nothing!"

I speeded to them "Bekah!"

Then I put a hand on her wrist "let go of her"

Bekah looked at me hurt  "are you on her side now?!"

I shook my head "Of course not, Rebekah,  but we both know that Klaus will dagger you if you hurt her"

She hesitated before letting go of Elena. 

I looked at Elena "you should go"

Elena "Ade-"

I snapped "you've done enough, don't you think?"

She nodded and walked out. 

Rebekah suddenly broke down on her knees. She started to cry. 

I kneeled down to her and put a hand on her shoulder "Bekah, hey, look at me"

She looked at me sobbing. 

Me "i'm so sorry"

She read the look in my eyes. 

Then she shook her head, disappointed  "You knew?"

I sighed "Nik told me"

Bekah broke down even more. S

he couldn't stop crying. 

I hugged her. 

I put my chin on her head and drove my hand up and down her back "I'm here"