1.36 Elijah

Next day. At Ric's.

I woke up and looked around. I was at Ric's place in his bed. Great. i was still in my clothes from yesterday. Double great. I saw Nik talking to Kat. There she ran off to.

I should've known.

Ric "I've killed the witch, I'm close on getting the moon stone, and the doppelgänger is waiting in the wings. Ohh, I am ready to break this curse."

Kat "And why would you do that here? There's so many people that would try to stop you."

Nik " Because I have to. It's the birthplace of the doppelgänger."

Kat "I didn't realize that was a requirement."

Nik chuckled" Well, how could you? You betrayed me and fled England before I could give you the details, Katerina. But I did find your birthplace and I slaughtered your family. So I guess we're cool. Let's just hope that Elena isn't as stupid as you were."

I froze at his words. 

Kat shook her head " She won't run. She'd die before she lets anyone that she loves get hurt."

Then i sat up.  

Nik nodded, smiling "And that's exactly what I'm counting on."

Then he compelled her " You can't leave until I tell you to."

Nik turned to me and smiled "Morning, love"

I stood up and he walked to me. 

He put a hand on my cheek and made me look at him. He already gave me this look. 

Me "i don't know where the moonstone is, Nik"

Nik chucked "But of course you do, Adelaide. Elijah had it. I know that love sick fool, like i know that he gave it to you"

I smirked "Well, Nik, guess you'll never found out since i'm so full of vervain that i'm surprised i'm not high already "

Nik smirked, impressed "You never disappoint my expectations of you"

He turned around and walked to the door. 

Then he opened it.

I raised an eyebrow at him. 

Nik " You're free to go wherever you please, love"

I raised an eyebrow, surprised "you're not gonna keep me hostage?"

Nik shook his head "I don't want to mess with my big brother"

Home

I walked downstairs and walked into the brothers

They did not look happy at all. 

I put a hand on my hip and sighed "what now?"