1.119 The Triangle

Next day. Morning. 

I walked out of the bathroom seeing Stefan sitting on the bed talking to Damon over the phone

Stefan smiled at me and put Damon on speaker. 

Me "morning, D."

Damon "morning, sunshine"

Me "Where are you?"

Damon "New York"

Me "I hope you took my sister's doppelgänger with you, or else i'm gonna kill her"

Damon "yep"

Stefan froze  "wait. you took her to New York?"

Damon " And that tone is the reason I didn't pick up the phone the first twenty times you called."

Stefan " Where is she now?"

Damon " Out exploring. Maybe she's eating a hot dog...vendor."

Stefan "So I take it your search for Katherine is off?"

Damon "Relax, man. This little joyride is actually a cure hunt. That vampire that Katherine sent after Hayley was a friend of mine. He lived in the city. Will got vampires fake identities, and I'm sure that Katherine was one of his clients."

Stefan "And Elena's okay with this little field trip? Just yesterday she was living the vampire high life. She doesn't want the cure."

Damon "That's why I didn't tell her."

I sighed "She's going to lose it if she finds out"

Damon "I'm aware of that, Adi. What I'm hoping is that she's gonna be so wasted on booze and blood that she won't even think about it."

Stefan "Don't underestimate her."

Damon " If I can handle you when you flipped your switch, I can handle her. Trust me."

Stefan "Listen to me. She's ruthless without her humanity. The cure is the fastest way to get it back."

Damon " Just be a good brother and keep Mystic Falls afloat for me and let me do my thing. You've got an immortal named Silas to deal with, remember?"