Prologue

"What makes earth feel like hell, is our expectation that it should feel like heaven."

Hell wasn't all that bad

Hell wasn't all that bad. He at least liked it. He loved the darkness and the burning heat that engulfed him. He loved the haunting songs of the lost souls and the hushing shadows. He loved the glowing red lava and the dark stone encompassing his underground kingdom. Afterall, he was Lucifer. The fallen angel. Or the devil as mortals prefered to call him.

Lucifer couldn't understand the humans' fear of hell. Their fear of darkness, sins and temptation. How could something so good be so bad? He didn't only like hell though. No, he also liked the surface of earth, in fact he liked it very much...

The devil sat on his throne, staring down at the man standing in front of him. Lucifer's gaze was intense, yet his dangerously beautiful features were hidden in the dark misty shadows of the room.

Lucifer's hands tapped the velvety red armrests of the black obsidian throne impatiently. His golden rings clunked against each other. After another moment of silence, a soft sound could be heard.

The man in front of him had finally raised his voice. His features too, were obscured by the abnormally dark shadows.

"You have called for me, Sir."

His voice sounded mellow and rather lazy and slow. He was the full embodiment of sloth, and yet he somehow managed to do his work well. Not that he always wanted to, but he didn't really care. Despite his apparent intelligence, he was slothful. Numb to the world, numb to alot of reality and always stoned out of his mind. The perfect minion for the devil, with no questions asked.

The young man bowed. For a second, the devil could see his dark grey suit, which was briefly lit up by a dim red light. Lucifer noted the intricate and elegant patterns on the suit.

"Rise, and stop calling me sir, Yoongi. In future we are meant to be equals." Lucifer said with a slight smirk of amusement. His voice was deep and husky.

Yoongi didn't seem surprised at all. He stood up slowly and waited for the devil to speak. Lucifer rose up.

"The time has come. It is the perfect time to fulfill the prophecy."

Yoongi smiled hazily. His teeth had a sharp glint to them. "Once the Chosen Seven have embraced their Sins, they will rule the world for all eternity." He recited perfectly. It was only half of the prophecy, but a half that could be easily fulfilled.

"We will build a new kingdom Yoongi. The Seven Deadly Sins will be the most powerful men in the universe! We will be the rulers of both the underworld and overworld. Heaven itself will fear us!"

Yoongi blinked. "Indeed, we will rule the world." He said, "I believe it was destiny, since the seven sins and virtues manifested themselves within us upon birth. Nothing is a coincidence."

Lucifer made a noise of agreement. "We are two of those men. I think we already are our sins to the fullest, so that only leaves five men, which have to turn out." Yoongi said thoughtfully.

"The time is right. Most are in their early twenties, mature yet incredibly vulnerable." Lucifer said. He laughed deeply.

"Once we are finished with them, we will corrupt the whole planet. Mortals are incredibly foolish and so easy to tempt. Every single one of them is susceptible to at least one sin."

"Sorry if I interrupt, but one of the chosen seven is an angel though, the full embodyment of his virtue: How will we bring out his sin?" Yoongi asked slowly.

The devil laughed again. "You keep forgetting that I too, was once an angel. Every angel falls from the sky once you cut off its wings."

Yoongi snorted. "What about that one boy, whose power is almost as strong as yours? What if the angel and him become allies?"

Lucifer's eyes darkened. "See to it that it doesn't happen." He threatened. "Seek out those closest to their sins, Yoongi. Guide them to the edge. I will take care of our problem cases personally. The angel will be last."

Yoongi nodded. He felt tired, he would need a long nap before going about his duties. He closed his eyes and then shadows, that seemed to carry black matter with them surrounded him, swallowing Yoongi up into a dark abyss. He had disappeared into thin air.

AN:

Please don't forget to vote, add the book to your library and comment ♡ (☞ ͡ ͡° ͜ ʖ ͡ ͡°)☞