8》The Devil's Past

Dedicated to
introvertd
and
the_kpop_wallflower

Thank you guys for your support

------------------------------------------

"Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars."

Taehyung's heart ached as he thought back to his past

Taehyung's heart ached as he thought back to his past. He had stopped jogging and was now alone, still walking by the river.

He hated being stuck in this human body. Stuck with these humane feelings, that could hurt more than the torture that troubled souls endured in hell.

He hated how much pain words and memories could cause, and how weak he was, compared to his past forms. How his body ached when he hurt himself or how his heart beat uncontrollably when around the man he was supposed to be manipulating.

What he had told Jimin a while ago, hadn't been the full truth. There was so much more to his past, and it hurt so damn much.

《Flashback of the Past

Long long ago, God created a being molded after perfection. This creature was so blindingly beautiful, so incredibly wise and so powerful that it stood just beneath God.

This special angel was given the name Lucifer. It meant 'Morning Star'.

Lucifer was loved by all, especially by God, who loved his new child more than anything. His home was heaven, a glorious place of infinite beauty and pristine serenity.

But one day, Lucifer became so impressed with his own beauty, intelligence, power, and position that he began to desire for himself the honor and glory that belonged to God alone. The sin that corrupted Lucifer was self-generated pride.

God was sad to see his creation rebel against him, but he could not destroy this creature he loved so much, so he instead decided to only punish it.

“Your heart became proud on account of your beauty, and you corrupted your wisdom because of your splendor.”

As a result of this sin against God, Lucifer was banished from heaven. His angel wings were taken, and he was stripped of his powers and position. His name was changed from Lucifer to Satan.

Bound to the pit of hell, and filled with anger, resentment and the need for revenge, he claimed his place as ruler of the underworld and made his new home there. He became colder and more ruthless than before, acquiring new dark powers, that further corrupted his soul.