9》Falling

"Falling is just another way to fly."

Something was off this morning

Something was off this morning. He felt it as soon as he woke up from his peaceful slumber, escaping his serene dreams and coming back to reality. He opened his eyes, trying to explain this inexplicable feeling that just wouldn't let him go.

Jungkook looked around; everything looked the same. And yet, there was something missing. The typical sounds he had grown accustomed to hearing in the morning, weren't there anymore.

No loud laughing from Hoseok and Jin, no music playing from Jimin's megaspeaker or the familiar voices playing on TV. There wasn't even the sound of cluttering bowls of cereal, or of arguments about who would wash the dishes.

He got up and stumbled through the door, trying to shake off his sleep, as he clumsily made his way to the main area. Hoseok and Jimin were nowhere to be seen or heard, but his mood brightened up when he spotted Jin sitting on the couch, facing the turned-off TV.

"Good morning Jin hyung!" Jungkook chirped, hugging him from behind, before vaulting himself onto the sofa like a professional athlete.

Jin looked at him sluggishly, and for a second Jungkook was truly shocked. What had happened to mister worldwide handsome? His bloodshot eyes were drooping low, their beautiful glow gone. His pink hair was tangled and his face was paler than usual. His plump lips were dry and chapped, like as if he had forgotten his chapstick. In other words, Jin looked extremely tired and worn out, as if he hadn't slept for days.

"Morning..." Jin replied hoarsely, his voice cracking as he tried to sound somewhat human.

"Jin, what's wrong? You look terrible. Are you sick?" Jungkook asked worriedly, pressing his palm onto his hyung's forehead to check his temperature.

Jin looked him in his eyes like as if he was trying to tell him something, which irritated Jungkook. Did he look like he could read eyes or something?!

"I had a nightmare last night." Jin managed to choke out.

Jungkook's features softened and he shuffled closer, comfortingly draping an arm over his shoulder. "Was it that bad?" He asked, speaking quietly to make sure Jin wouldn't become even more stressed out than he already looked.

Jin suddenly grabbed his hands urgently, twisting Jungkook around so that he was forced to look into his frightened eyes.

"I was on top of a really high building, it was cold and windy. I saw my reflection in the windows. I-I was you, Jungkook, I looked exactly like you. I was somehow pushed to the edge by an invisible force or something, and I fell from the building. It was horrible, it felt like I was falling for ages. The wind was like an army of knives, cutting at me wherever it could. I was so scared because it felt so real, and I was waiting for myself to land on the ground and wake up.